You are here

So Dh"s family didn't even bother calling to wish a happy birthday to my son...

Katie8's picture

DH keeps pushing that we're all a big happy family and always says he wants his family to treat all kids equally..EXCEPT..it never happens...I've pointed this out sooooo many times. My SS6 gets special treatment over my bio kids and one of my bio is DH;s son...so their Bio grandchild/nephew/cousin. My Son's bday was 2 weeks ago...no calls from his family to say happy birthday..drop off anything...show up at party....nothing...but 2 days after my son's bday there was pictures online of them at the movie with my SS6 taking him out for the day for dinner/movie....seriously? His Sister/neice still party with BM who's a nutcase. I lost it on poor DH, I know it's not his fault it's his family...but now here's the dilemma:

it's SS's bday party this weekend...and guess what...they all said they're coming...because it's the golden child...and then having thanksgiving dinner right after all the party kids go home. I don't want to go....told DH that him and the golden boy can go to the thanksgiving dinner but I'm taking my kids home. it's clear they do not see us as a part of the family so I don't want to go and have my kids there getting treated as second class.
Am I unreasonable?