You are here

Stinkin iPad...

BadMamaJAMA's picture

I haven't written in a long time because things have been going relatively well. However, SD7's BM continues to be a festering pile of BM in so many lovely ways, and now she's acting like a 7 yo herself over a stinkin' iPad password.

Background: My partner had an iPad that he never used, so he gave it to his daughter. Now it's her favorite thing, and she takes it with her everywhere. A month or so ago, he noticed that SD7's iPad had some stuff on it that shouldn't be on it - as in BM's Gmail, her boyfriend's Facebook, and a bunch of sports-related apps. There were also some apps geared at children with which we both took issue - one was supposed to be about college, but the objective of the game was to get "glam points" so that you'd get invited to parties with cooler guys.

Solution: My partner decided to remove the offending apps and password-protect the iPad. He figured BM would get the hint.

...She didn't. She keeps pestering him for the password, claiming SD7 wants new apps.

This weekend, she didn't even send the iPad with SD7 when she came to stay with us. She pulled her usual song and dance when it came to getting her daughter back--asking for one more hour later, and then another, and then demanding that we give SD7 a bath and get her home right before bedtime.

So we did. And then, the second we pull out of the driveway, she texts again asking for the password. She said SD7 wants a new app. Funny, she didn't want a new app the whole weekend considering she did just fine without the iPad. Knowing BM, she was entering random codes into the iPad all weekend and used her daughter as an excuse to finally get it.

So my partner ignored her. And she just kept texting. She says she won't give the password to SD7, but that she "should have it." And then she called my partner this morning at work. Again, he ignored her.

She seems to have this crazy idea that he's disrespecting her every time he doesn't give her exactly what she wants. This is the same woman who threatened to sue for full custody when he stopped doing her homework for her.

Seriously, what will it take for this woman to get a clue? She is not *entitled* to this stupid iPad for her own personal use, and it's unreasonable for her to request it as if he's doing something wrong.

UGHGHGHGHG!

My partner is just tempted to give it to her at this point... path of least resistance and all. I feel like she's a spoiled brat who ends up getting whatever she wants because she's annoying as hell. I don't reward that kind of behavior with her kid; why should we do it with her?

OK. Vent over.

sbm014's picture

Agreed! My SS has a iPhone we turned into a iTouch for him it would never go to BMs as either her or her eldest so would use it and SS would never get to - sounds like what's going on with your BM.

BadMamaJAMA's picture

We send it with SD7 because she loves it. We didn't want to deprive her of something she loves. But yes, I agree. If BM can withhold the iPad from us, we can do the same for her.

Thanks!

BadMamaJAMA's picture

Thanks, all! For the record, we do not use this iPad. We each have our own devices, and would never DREAM of using something belonging to the child for our own purposes. Did I mention BM also feels entitled to our Netflix password? We noticed all sorts of weird non-children's shows appearing in our "recently watched" list and changed it. Now she's asking for "the Netflix password" all the time, as well.

Is this woman incapable of spending the $9 a month for her own Netflix account?!?! What the what?

Do any of y'all have moochie BMs like ours?

Jsmom's picture

It should never have gone to BM's house. The board is filled with this kind of stuff today. If you buy it, it stays at your house....

BadMamaJAMA's picture

I think he gave it to SD7 while he and BM were still married, though. Maybe she sees it at marital property? Either way, we talked and he's not going to cave and give her the PW. And if she sends it back, we're keeping it. She shouldn't be playing with her iPad on the weekdays, anyway.

sbm014's picture

Maritual property or bot if DH is footing the bill for Apps it is his and should stay at his house...

Its_My_Life_Too's picture

OOOOOOOO I started reading this and got giggly happy!!!

Btw- for anyone who is curious I think she's talking about the PW in order to buy apps. I have my kindle PW protected like that for my SD as well, just so she doesn't go on and pick a $14 app out of the blue and install it >.< (that was a learned lesson!!)

So my SD's BM (I can't even call her the ex because DH and her were never a couple) calls all of the time asking for more money. When DH kicked her out of his place, shortly after SD was born, over drugs and $3000 on his credit card and his entire bank account depleted, she took SD with her. To make a long story really short- this case has been in court more times than I can count and somehow BM keeps getting custody and DH keeps getting told he's a horrible person. BM doesn't have a job, she lives with her mom and her BF lives in a trailer with 2 skids of his own. She gets over $600 a month for CS. -_-' and yet she still calls asking for more money. SD4- it used to be... oh we need money for diapers. Did I mention she has food stamps too?? Deadbeat mom for sure.

My favorite was- you need to buy her 6 new outfits for school and all her school supplies- I don't have the money. *faceplam* :jawdrop:

We have never once caved. For the record.

So- Ipad- that should stay at your house, we have to do that with our SD's toys after we had clothing and toys going missing from her travel backpack. She now comes in clothes from her moms house with toys from her moms and they ALWAYS go back. Somehow we were able to get that one court ordered- not sure if anyone else would ever have luck with that.

Why do these BM's with new BF's and new lives still cling for money and objects and things from the ex... we did the netflix thing, except it was my netflix... she came over, saw it and demanded we give her account info so she had shows and movies for her daughter to watch. Excuse me?!?!? give me a friggin break. Again, she gets $600 a month and doesn't have to pay for a place to live or food to eat.....

oh my favorite moment???? During our court battles we've paid for a GAL. It was supposed to be a split fee between mom and dad, mom wouldn't pay and until it was fully paid, the GAL wouldn't be assigned. So DH paid. $2000. Lovely. We're trying to afford a wedding while paying for me to go through school and at the same time paying these court fees. While losing lol. So anyways, GAL turns out to be a bust- she was just horrible. Let of f words right and left, accused me of child stealing and being a heroine addict... she ended up getting barred from court thank god. Apparently we weren't the first to complain about her ethic. Well the money gets sent back to the respective parties. Something got messed up and half the money got sent to BM. What does BM do??? she cashes it and refuses to give it to us. So we take her to court. Court orders her to give it to us and BM goes.... but I don't have the money?!?! (this was 2 weeks after she cashed it btw and just got her child support check). Wellll she not getting child support for a couple of months now by order of the court. It was our first win in a long time!