You are here

Violent Stepdaughter

sfrederick's picture

Just needed to vent. As if the problems I always have with my own two grown stepdaughters are not enough, I just found out that my tiny, 62 year old mothers own stepdaughter is now hitting her and the father denies it. I am a respiratory therapist and know that domestic violence only gets worse and I begged her to report it to the police. Of course, like so many abused women, she wouldn't. Her husband is siding with the daughter and my mother is living in a hellish environment. I understand that she has to do something, yet I am very worried for her safety.
When I called the police myself to report it, they told me that she has to call them. I am outraged that, knowing how most abuse victims never report violence, that such an antiquated system is still in play. Have we still not progressed from the time of the movie "The burning bed", where the victims poor family had to watch her get attacked again and again? I cant believe there are no laws that help to prevent future tragedy by letting concerned people come forward. In the hospital environment we are obligated to report abuse at the cost of job loss.

Accordn2L's picture

Exactly! I would call and report this ASAP! Do you have the room for your mother to come stay with you? This is just so sad but don't give up.

Rags's picture

Call the elder abuse hotline. Then head over to YOUR mother's house and jack that little bitch of a step sister against the wall and tell her that if she ever lays a hand on your mother again that you will bend her over and shove her own head up her ass but good. Then turn to your step father and let him know that if he does not find his balls, step up and protect his bride that you will do the same to him.

Grrr!!! No one, and I mean no one would ever touch my mother with violence without seriouse and painful consequences. I doubt I could get to that stupid individual before my brother but I would put whatever was left of them through the wood chipper. Figuratively of course. Maybe even literally.

Grrr!!!

clydella's picture

What kind of coward beats on an elderly person? Get over there woman and protect your Mother at any cost. I agree with Rags, you hurt my Mother and I will unleash such a shit storm down on you that you'll wish to God Almighty that you hadn't been born.

And I think that's crap about the cops, report it to everybody and anybody who will listen. I'd stand on top of mountain and scream it for the world to hear. She has to call them, BS I say, she's a victim and they need to step up and help her.

Patsy's picture

^^^^THIS!^^^

There is not a chance in hell if someone was hurting my mother would I let them step foot near her!

Rags's picture

On an additional note .... even if my mom and dad had not remained married, they will celebrate their 52nd this summer, I pitty the idiot who would lay a hand on the mother of my father's children.