You are here

SD winning! I'm about to LEAVE

Hangingbyathread's picture

Hello all,

I am new to this site & look forward to getting some input/advice from others who UNDERSTAND! I'm sorry for the length of this, but want to give some background as well. Only been married l8 months.....32 year old SD RUINED my wedding with her childish jealousy! LITERALLY kept hanging on my husband, got between us any time we were being affectionate, & cried/whined all day "daddy, daddy to you still love me?" & "I'm still #1 aren't I, I was first". She was rude, insulting, and nasty to me, my family & my friends all day long, to the point where I finally told my husband to get her OUT! To this day, HE thinks that I over-reacted! Even though HIS sister & HIS friends told him how discusting her behavior was. She is constantly trying to get him to go places & do things with her (just them) "like we used to" - when she was a CHILD!!!
Whenever she comes to visit she behaves like SHE is "lady of the house", she snoops, she helps herself to whatever she wants, and if I DARE try to set any limits, she goes crying to him that "she's trying to come between us" & my IDIOT husband get pissed at ME! We moved 150 miles away to a place that we BOTH have always dreamed of retiring to & this girl tells everyone that I "dragged him up there just to take him away from me" - & when she actually said this to my husband, he did NOT SET HER STRAIGHT! He wants to ignore the whole thing & I just can't do it.

As if all this crap isn't bad enough, the WORST thing I'm dealing with & that I need some advice on is how this girl dresses - more to the point, DOESN'T DRESS. EVERYTHING she wears is 3 sizes too small & either skin-tight, low cut, see-through (without a bra) or ALL! I am absolutely SICKENED that both of them seem to think it is just fine for her to flounce around in front of him like this. These outfits of hers make the Hooters girls look like prudes! and I am sick to death of seeing her boobs, butt crack, ass cheeks, & ass tatoos! My husband said "you can't tell her how to dress" & MY reply is that IN MY OWN HOME I have the RIGHT to set STANDARDS! Geez - I shouldn't have to put up with MY house being turned into HER private strip club to get inappropriate attention! I have not exagerated a thing here - I'm actually thinking this girl is so sick that maybe she really does want to be daddy's "wife".

I know I can NOT put up with her crap for the rest of my life & since Daddy has no spine when it comes to her, I see no choice except another divorce! Any ideas?

Thanks

DISbelief's picture

How old is she??? And how often is she there?

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ Wink

DISbelief's picture

Oh yeah... and welcome!

DISbelief~

Thank you DISbelief for responding!

She is 32 (going on 12). Prior to the wedding, we didn't see much of her because she had a boyfriend & her own place (finally!) & we were gone every weekend searching for our dream home. After the wedding, I was adamant that she could NOT come to our house again until I got an apology. Husband kept telling me (he'd still talk with her on the phone - & get mad if I asked him anything about it & tell me they were "private conversations" - yet another issue of my husband's priorities being screwed up) but finally he said she was ready to apologize, so she came up one weekend. Well, her "apology" was NOT, but I was worn down by all this & gave up. Since then, she's started talking about how she "loves it up here" & "great to have a place to come to when I need to get away" & she's even talking about MOVING UP HERE! So I'm looking at having to spend more time with her now than we ever spent with her before we got married, & I'm just not willing to do it. I honestly think her goal is to get me OUT & without the support of my husband, nothing will ever change! It didn't used to be like this......she changed BIG TIME when we got engaged.....and I simply don't want to live with this crap!

DISbelief's picture

32!?!?!?!?Oh my!!! Sounds to me like your husband needs to cut those aprin strings! While you CAN'T tell her how to dress... you can avoid her! I know I would. My goodness, I thought we were talking about a 15 or 16 year old here. How inappropriate is this!!! I wish I had an answer for you. But really, this woman should know better. I don't blame you for your frustrations. And SHAME on your husband for not putting a stop to her childish behavoir!

DISbelief~

unbelieveable's picture

32 years old? C'mon on now! THAT IS DISGUSTING. She is not 6 she is 32! a grown woman! Is there a reason he doesn't get it?

steppingover's picture

Wow I feel for you my so and teenage daughter behave the same way. She is only 16 now I am wondering if this behavior ever goes away
Goodluck!!

Hi All,

Thank you all so much for your feedback & advice. I'm going to try here to address all the questions/comments made.

First off, yes, he HAS been enabling this FOREVER, otherwise it wouldn't still be happening! This SD's own BM won't let her live with her, in fact told my husband when they divorced to "take her with you"! Clearly, this created a situation where just husband & SD were living together - so I think his guilt or sense of pity for daughter (since her own mother didn't want her around) plus daughter having dad all to herself for too long created this mess. Then again, I'm beginning to wonder if the reason BM told him to "take her with you" means that SD was causing these problems with this inappropriate behavior even with her bio parents!! His second wife (1st "evil stepmom") had the SAME complaints that I'm talking about here, unfortunately I didn't hear most of it until AFTER the wedding! SD also has NO friends - never has since high school - also has been fired from jobs because of her refusal to respect a "dress code" or any other rules for that matter. Still, my husband simply does NOT want to see her behavior for what it is! SD of course chalks it all up to "they're jealous" (did I mention that she's at least 40 lbs. OVERWEIGHT so in addition to "inappropriate" it is also GROSS!) Doesn't see that if ALL women have a problem with her, gee....MAYBE it IS something with HER! Several of you mentioned the possibility of a sexual relationship in the past (husband & SD) - I have considered this also, but the thing is, ALL of the behaviors & comments are HER - I have never seen anything at all inappropriate in HIS behavior with her - he doesn't even touch her except for "hello" & "good-bye" hugs, which are also just fine - nothing inappropriate. There is NO lap-sitting, "cuddling", patting, or anything like that. But maybe there WAS when she was younger???? I don't know. Or maybe a brother? someone else? I would be very surprised if anything like that (actual sex) happened with her father........but STILL I think it's a problem all by itself that HE (apparently never) has told her to dress more appropriately, stop treating him like a "back-up boyfriend", stop the "wifey" behavior, & GROW UP.

And all of the financial protection advice was good. Luckily I DID take care of that. Truth is, I am the one with "more" - before I would agree to get married I told him I had 3 things that HAD to be agreed or I would NOT get married or even live with him. #1) His kids NEVER get a key to our house. #2) They NEVER live with us. #3) PRE-NUP!! He told me to write up whatever I needed & he would sign it.........& HE DID. My bigger concern is that our new house IS owned jointly - & I'm beginning to worry & feel very resentful that if I should die first, his @#%^& kids would eventually end up with MY MONEY - (I put much more than l/2 into it) ANOTHER situation that I want to "rectify". I honestly believe that if I died tomorrow, she would dump her boyfriend in a heartbeat to come up here & live in MY house & get her "dream" of being daddy's #l!

Someone asked me if SD had a boyfriend......at this moment, yes. And yes, things have always been a little better when she DOES have one. My husband even frequently says when he finds out she has a boyfriend "great.....now she won't be bugging me". A few times I have tried to quietly comment/explain that she wouldn't "bug him" if he would STOP ALLOWING IT! It is such crap that whenever she's "alone" she comes running to HIM.......wants money, more time with him, starts the bitching about me to him (which he doesn't see one bit as HER trying to cause trouble between US), etc. . .I used the phrase once of "surrogate spouse" & he freaked out! Unfortunately, that is EXACTLY what it is! She just wants/needs "someone" to take care of her, & if she doesn't have a boyfriend, well.....then DADDY is supposed to fill the role until she finds a new one. And if I object in any way to ANYTHING, I end up the "bad guy". He also doesn't want to hear that we are NOT dealing with a teenager, not even a 20-something, she is 32 YEARS OLD - LET GO ALREADY!!!!

And just last night - for just one more example of how incredibly CLUELESS my husband is, & how IGNORED I feel, we are planning a vacation. He says to me, "maybe we can get SD to come up & check the pets & watch the house"!!!!!! I was soooo blown away, I blurted out "NO F'G WAY! I'll board the pets!" He actually got mad at me & asked "why?" & I said "I can not believe you! And if you can actually suggest that to me, I'm not even going to waste my breath talking about it! You're simply NEVER gonna deal with this bullshit are you?" And I left the room, slept on the couch last night, and I'm not even sure I'm gonna go home tonight!

This is SO HOPELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!