You are here

At a Loss

brie82's picture

Well, it was "supposed" to have been agreed that my ss18 in a week was supposed to have a full time job by the time he was 18 or he was going to give up the priveledge of having his own private room and the room was going back to my 8 yr old son that has slept with his 5 yr old sister for a year. I was supposed to have been agreed upon between my husband and I. Until last night when I decided to start cleaning it up and I put my ss18 video games in a box and folded all his clothes to put on top of the box in the closet. Well my H flipped out, said our 8 yr old is not going to die if he doesnt get his bed back and that his S18 has a date to when we will give my BS8 son his bed back, which IS IN 4 GD DAYS! So what is the deal with giving my son his bed back now when my SS18 is never fricking home but 1 day a week anyhow!
It turned into a big blowup between me and H and he thought he needed to bring up crap that was irrelevant to the topic. He left and came back in the morning. We haven't discussed crap and currently I am in the bedroom trying to decide what the heck to do. Divorce is under discussion (not just because of my SS) but because of other marital issues. I feel like I can't make it on my own in California and I am scared but most importantly I feel like I have lost control of the situation when it comes to dealing with my SS.

Most Evil's picture

I hope things will work out for you. But I agree that the SS does not need a room to himself when he is only there one night a week. Can your son and the SS share the room?

"It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?"
- Eleanor H. Porter (1868 - 1920), 'Pollyanna', 1912

Most Evil's picture

oops

"It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?"
- Eleanor H. Porter (1868 - 1920), 'Pollyanna', 1912

frustratedmom's picture

I would just continue to pack up the stuff, and do it on your own and get your son back in his own room. Your SS doesn't need a room if he is only there 1 day out of the week? Make him sleep on an air matress.

I can't believe your DH left and didn't return till the following day??? OMG not good. It's never good to leave like that when fighting goes on, well it is to cool off but for the whole night???