You are here

I have alienated myself from DH's family

nuttybear27's picture

Since my DH and I have been married, Nov.9, 2009, things have slowly gone down hill. We had our wedding, a very informal and small one at his father's home; with immediate family and some friends. We asked for no gifts. It was 'nice'. His father and step mother are quite wealthy.
We received a small gift of 250. from his dad and sm and them surprisingly his friends pooled together and gave us a sum of about 500. We never expected this. DH said it would go in the bank. No weekend honeymoon, nothing. BUT, oldest sd called and said she needed a new phone. So we go to get her one, it was a blackberry it cost us 550.! Then at younger sd's birthday older sd pulled another one and said noone was getting Christmas gifts cause she needed to save for car tires to go to Florida. So I told dh, she needs them to drive safely, buy them for her 200. dollars later, they were 400. but thankfully papaw payed the balance. Younger sd steals and steals from me, I have posted about this in another forum. DH will do nothing about this. I have bipolar disorder, I know many people have bipolar, but I have it bad; I suffered a severe breakdown several years ago so stressful situations are compounded like interest on a bank loan!
I became very upset about something that happened concerning our dogs...knowing that the younger sd let them out of the yard because we had asked the older sd to find a new home for her dog. In retaliation sd#2, I know let them out. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of agreeing to live right next door to bm and sd#2. So, I left a note on bm's car telling her to keep her kid away from the property and for her to stay away. I also made the mistake of telling her that she should be ashamed of herself for raising such disrespectful women who lie, cheat, steal and manipulate. I never before would have done this but last year when my mother came down to visit before we were married these women were so rude to my mother it hurt me to the core. I had always been courteous to bm and included her in conversation and even tried to start them with her so she wouldn't feel out of sorts at holiday time. Yes, she still goes cause the "KIDDOES" won't go if she is not there. I ended up in the hospital because the DH and I had a major falling out over all of this. When I came home after 7 days, he told me his father didn't want me at his birthday dinner that night but the kids (3) 2sds and ss who is fine, would be over to have a nice little chat with "us". I told them everything I could possibly think of at the time including that sd#2 told me her mother called me a bitch ...and then she denied it right then and there saying I was delusional! Everything was left as well as could be. But the fil said that I have caused a wedge in the family, and he is in 'fear for his son's life' with me being around him. This caused me great pain, and I don't know what to do. I have lost interest in alot. The holdays have always been a happy time for me no matter how poor I have been in the past. I don't want to do anything. I literally hate his daughters and his bm. Any suggestions? I told dh I was working on Thanksgiving just so I wouldn't have to go to the fil's house and be around the nasty sil, sd's and bm. HELP.