You are here

Cat with nine lives

Newimprvmodel's picture

I have to hand it to my dh's ex. She is sooo good at what she does and she gets away with it, and her daughters think she is a saint and her father is a turd, along with his parents, who not only gave her and her sisters 20 k each, they had them to dinner, to present the girls with their checks. Ha!!! This was this summer, and what angered me was that these daughters had treated my dh like garbage for years.......taking him to court for everything they could get, and then his parents turn around and do this.
So.....turns out the money is gone, and we find out that daughter has been funneling money to her mother, who claims it was all done to reimburse mommy dearest. Of course they will not show bank statement to prove that this had not happened.
Daughter gets on phone and blasts her father, speaking some truths. Yes, you are right. Your mother and her husband really are your only parents at this point. (My dh was your sperm donor.....too bad for him.) And yes, as you pointed out, he is court ordered to pay all your college expenses. Although you did not like when dh raised issue of oversight, and if you don't like it......get emancipated. That caused you to hang up.
I guess why does this shit matter?
Because I would bet my house that in a year dh is going to get a court motion demanding he pay for grad school for this piece of work. And it shows totally bad behavior.
I said to dh I could not Imagine getting 20 k from people and treating them so badly. After the girls got their money......that was it. No further contact with grandparents.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

That sounds very abusive and quite horrendous for your DH. I hope he gets some support because it is excruciatingly heart-breaking to deal with rejecting offspring who don't mind fleecing daddy for all he's got.

But why graduate school? What does your DH'd divorce/separation agreement say? Is he obligated to pay for grad school? Did he for the OSD? If there is no relationship, can his lawyer look into repudiation of relationship as grounds not to pay?

Newimprvmodel's picture

The oldest failed 4 years of private college, a state college would have dumped her ass to the curb after the first semester! Dh had to keep paying, to the tune of 40 k. Thankfully, yes I am mean...........The little witch owes 70k herself. Her beloved mother stiffed daughter.....she herself did not pay , which is why this debacle was allowed to occur. Interestingly, we got a court order in place that ex had to repay her share of her daughter's loans, but that never happened. And we were not going back to court to save oldest dsughter , who herself is enmeshed with her mother.
So, my belief is that we can get daughter emancipated painlessly the more we remind her mother that she still owes oldest darling thousands, and now show evidence of taking youngest dsughters funds from grandparents for education.
And we did remind ex that her oldest daughter could take HER to court to get those loans paid. I would love to see this happen!! The snakes turn on each other!!

Newimprvmodel's picture

That comment was one of many, including being angry about dh not seeing her college. No, he only pays for it and she has shunned him for years.
I think the repeated comments about her step father being more of a father to her is what really hurts dh. And he treated her like a princess before she became enraged at my presence..
So her mother likely spent the monies from dh's parents. We called it..
Right now our main goal is getting this bloodsucker unhooked once and for all. Interesting she hung up when dh suggested she Pay her own bills.

Amber Miller's picture

I told my kids I'm done paying when they turn 18. I will help them as I see fit if they go to college and get GOOD grades. They can take out loans and pay them back if they wish to get through college. I'm not footing the whole bill. I'm really sorry for you and DH. Unbelievable that she's blasted through $20,000. What an idiot! She better stay in school as she's not very smart. However not at your expense.

Newimprvmodel's picture

It is utterly mind boggling how they trot their asses to my dh's family to collect a big fat check, all the while telling my dh how awful he is, and when he wants a simple bank statement to ensure monies are being used for his daughter's benefit, he is mocked and told that basically " we have no agreement that we have to give you this". What absolute creeps!! As step aside said awhile back, they are nothing more than ill timed ejaculations.