You are here

Adult step daughter, fiancee and new baby live with us

Miserable1's picture

Ok....so the subject line sets the stage. 19 years old, brand new baby 22 year old boyfriend/fiancee all living in my home with his and my own son age 8.
Lots of bad blood over the last 14 years with SD. But I have made tremendous effort to make peace. Up to and including opening my home and turning our lives upside down to accommodate them until they could get on their feet.
Today I went to get a hair cut. Hubby calls and says SD is having a fit bc there is a spider in her room. Tells me to leave the salon and go take care of it. I laughed because that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Now Hubby, SD, and her boyfriend are all pissed at me. Hubby is mad he had to leave work to go kill the spider.
Boyfriend calls me (from his work) and gets loud with me as if I personally sent the spider into her room.
SD is pissed cuz I told her to stop acting like a 2 year old.

Please be honest with me.....am I wrong here? I mean these kids pat NO bills, they buy NO groceries, and all they do is complain that our home isn't up to their standards.
What am I supposed to do here!?!?!?

Rags's picture

Are you wrong here? :? Are you really asking this question? Really?

Hell no you are not wrong here and based on this little drama you need to put them on the curb immediately and call a locksmith to rekey the locks. Put the toxic breeders on the curb.....

NOW, now, now, now, now!

That is what you are supposed to do. NOW DO IT!

Your DH is just as pathetic as his breeder spawn is but the straw that broke this proverbial camel's back was the asshole baby daddy getting lippy with you.

Nope, you nor DH should have any of that.

Time for them to go... immediately. If the breeder baby daddy is working... he can pay for the the hotel tonight and figure out how to put a roof over his families heads.

SugarSpice's picture

i agree that dh having no balls is not helping here. baby daddy should man up and find his own place for his whatever and offspring.

that is what is so wrong these days with young people is that they breed and think their parents should foot the bill for the grandskids while they go out and party and get knocked up again.

CANYOUHELP's picture

This is crazy times 1000, what? You need to tell all of them do not ever bother you with this insane silliness again...heaven forbid what you might be required to do should the princess see a water bug or a lizard?????? Yes, the block puts daddeeeeee back where he needs to be, works for me...try it.

Think about it, no joke.

Miserable1's picture

I appreciate the support. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to these situations. You are all impartial 3rd parties who don't know me or them, so obviously you aren't just telling me what I want to hear. Thank you for reminding me that I'm not crazy and that this is absolutely unacceptable.

sandye21's picture

"Please be honest with me.....am I wrong here?" Hell no! I would not leave my home. But I would give SD and BF notice to leave immediately. Then I would inform DH that is he ever pulls this ridiculous B.S. again he will be joining them.

wicked_by_proxy's picture

Oh I get the question and it makes me hurt....the OP asked this question because she has been beaten down, gas-lighted and ganged up on so much, she is starting to doubt herself and her actions...I am so sorry that you are in this mess as deep as you are...kind of like mud that sucks you down and won't let go Sad

ChiefGrownup's picture

^^^I agree with everybody here but I want to highlight this in particular. The only way you could ask your original question is if you had been beat down for a long time and gaslighted into the edge of sanity.

So I will say yes, you are wrong -- to live with any of these people.

Evict the leeches (loved that line down below) and serve dh with divorce papers.

If your dh wants to make things right with you he will. But I don't think he will and you'd be much better off without him. Lady, you are being turned into a non-person in your own home. No loving spouse would do that ergo you don't have a loving spouse. You need to step up and love yourself and get out of this mess.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

What.The.Fack.

I am 52 years old and TERRIFIED of spiders. BUT!!! I expect NO ONE to kill them for me. I don my mental armor, grab a shoe/magazine/newspaper, and CRUSH THAT EFFER!!!!

smomofone's picture

I would have printed a 30 day notice to vacate for SD and her Baby daddy. NO FKING WAY will I ever be bothered EVER by such stupid nonsense.

SO is afraid of spiders, but he will kill them himself. If he ever requested this of me and got mad if I didn't I'd be giving him the 30 day notice as well lol. F that SHIIIEEETT

2Tired4Drama's picture

Very easy solution to the spider problem.

Tell the duo they should leave your home immediately, and permanently, and they won't have to ever worry about a spider in your house again.

There. Spider problem all solved.

SacrificialLamb's picture

I grew up in an area where there were rattlesnakes in our garage. No one helped me remove the rattlesnake. I got a broom and removed it myself. At 13. More than once.

This is a SPIDER. SD is 19. Ok, she's a coddled baby, and DH is Chief Coddler.

But your DH thinks you are SD's servant/personal exterminator. If it were my house I would kick them all out immediately. And then I would let DH come to his senses before I let him back in.

Step hell messes with your mind, and it has messed with your mind so much you have had to ask if this were ok.

NFW.

grace8205's picture

I agree with the other posts. However before the move in I would of said "Hell No!" I told DH a long time ago that if skid22 or even my kid becomes a daddy him and his baby mama are not moving in, we have raised our kids, I am not raising grandkids and I enjoy my empty nester lifestyle. DH totally agreed however he has no spine when it comes to skid22 so just recently we bought our "down sizing house", which is a lot smaller then the one we are in currently. This makes it much harder for him to open the door to this situation, going from 4 bedrooms 4 baths with a den to a 2 bedroom house without a den. The answer is clear "sorry we do not have the space". If it happens with skid he will have to show up on BM's door step since she is still in a big family house.

It was just ridiculous for the whole group to think that you should leave your appointment to kill a spider for Princess Mama who is not only a parent but 19 years old.

I would be having the talk to my DH about them leaving because they have over stayed their welcome with this ridiculous behaviour. If my DH did not agree with me, then he can move out and take them with him.

I do put up with a lot, sometimes turn my cheek too much but this would put me to the edge.

Powerfamily's picture

I agree with every one else. Your DH,SD and partner are all pathetic.

Give them a 30 day notice, is DH doesn't like then he can go live with and fund their new home.

The next time they complain that your home isn't up to their standard the tell to leave and fund their own house which is up to their standard.

Monchichi's picture

If I ever got a call like this, I would go find a whole bunch of spiders and put them in my home.

hereiam's picture

What is wrong with these people? A spider? Poor Little Miss Muffet.

I found this site because a few years back, my SD asked DH if she, her husband, and their two kids could "stay" with us. I did not even hesitate and told DH, "Absolutely not." I had a twinge of guilt, and ended up here. And the guilt went away.

The freeloaders need to get their own place.

TwelveLongYrs79's picture

I'd suddenly become an arachnid enthusiast over the past 24 hours... Dirol

Rags's picture

Great idea. Time to start collecting Emperor Scorpions and Tarantulas as a pet enthusiast.

TwoOfUs's picture

Well, to be fair...I also heard that you forgot to cut her steak up for her the night before...

Sounds like you have a leech infestation in your home...so I wouldn't worry about the spiders too much until I got that cleared up.

hereiam's picture

Yes, a definite leech problem going on, here.

To help you out, Miserable1, I have googled some info on that for you:

Removing Leeches

Locate the head with a sucker attached to the wound. ...
Slide a sharp object or your fingernail under the sucker. ...
Slide the body off with the same object or your fingernail.
Quickly flick the leech away before it bites you again and reattaches!

ItsGrowingOld's picture

What are you? Some type of slave to these people?

How long have you been letting these "adults" talk to you like this?

SugarSpice's picture

if the home is not up to there standards they can leave. show them the door.

as for the spider incident is that for real?! any couple old enough to f*k and create a baby can certainly get rid of a spider. someone has been enabling this couple.

as for your dh, he needs to man up just as much as baby daddy.