You are here

Object to Income and Expense Declaration?

tiggidy08's picture
Forums: 

Long story short - BF wants to modify his CS because he is in arrears and has been unemployed for the last 2 years but works side jobs. He KNEW he was going to be laid off because he told me in advance. I have the text.

My question is, seeing as he's working side jobs and has NOT filed taxes for 2013, therefore, making his income basically hearsay - can I contest his income and expense sheet? If his income can't be verified (and I know he doesn't keep records), how can they modify his support?

BTW, he has also managed to retain an attorney. I do not have an attorney.

tiggidy08's picture

He has sent me texts with pictures of the jobs he's doing. Text me his last visitation to see if I would keep DD5 for the weekend so he could complete a side job. I have documentation.

Yes, some get advance notice but my point is if you KNEW you were getting laid off months in advance - that's a great opportunity to bust your ass and get another job. He is court ordered to carry health insurance for her.

I also have it in text that he'd rather be working the side jobs.

tiggidy08's picture

That's what I've heard of them doing in this area. Just trying to gather my information.

DCSS already had a hearing based on him filing for a modification with them. I showed, he did not. The judge ruled as no change. His attorney said what they judge did doesn't count (but to go ahead and give him a copy of that paperwork - um, I'm not doing YOUR job for you. Both of you can get off your butts and get a copy). I talked with DCSS about it and he immediately had a fit of laughter and said the attorney had no say in what that judge did because they weren't there. He also stated that they will not modify arrears but possibly put him on a payment plan going forward. I don't know what they'll do about the medical as I carry her now and it's not an issue.

Both have threatened me on different levels and I'm over it. He just wants to do as little as possible to get by in life, that's his MO.

BTW, they did file contempt against me because they claimed I withheld DD from him. Which I did not, he had a habit of not showing up and then placing the blame on me. The mediator told him off and they ended up dropping the contempt. Which would have been hard to prove for them, but I let them think they were doing me a favor.