You are here

My h's ex keeps taking us to court.

GoingNuts's picture
Forums: 

My H's ex is taking us back to court for the 2nd time. This time her attorney is requesting that we give copies of our family photo albums. Why would they want our photo albums? Will the courts see that she is a single mom who is obviously jelous that me and my H are married and have chidlren of our own?

sotired's picture

Yes she is Jealous, but just give the pictures make sure they are good ones that will just kill the ex.

GoingNuts's picture

What really makes me the most upset is that I don't feel that she needs photos of my children. Why drag them through the coals too. I just can't stand to see my SD go through all of this. We have had 50/50 custody of my SD for 3 years and since she can't find anyone else she likes to make things crappy for everyone else. We have spent almost $15000.00 between the two cases and it's very draining. Thanks for responding because right know I don't know how much more I can take.

anna's picture

We spent just over $6,000.00 on one court case (third time at court) because the BM didn't want me to pick up or drop off my SD anymore! Even though I had been doing it since she was 3mths. old (met my husband 7mths before my SD was born and found out through DNA) when my husband would work. Now she's 9 and for some reason it just wasn't ok anymore????????? So we went to court!!!!!!!!
Are they big enough issues that you really need to fight her on or could you just get rid of your attorney and say your funds have been exhausted due to the ridiculous things she has motioned for?

GoingNuts's picture

Since ex filed she has the burden of proof. She really has nothing. We have had a GAL in our house already. He even gave us good coments on how we raise our girls (3, his mine and ours). Her biggest issue is the fact that my SD loves me and talks about me all of the time. In her court papers she is stating that because my H does not see his daughter as #1 priority she feels she should have full custody. I am sorry but anyone with more than 1 child knows that they are all #1 no matter what!! She is basically wasting time and money and hurting children. ex even told SD to pack her stuff and move in with her new mom.

GoingNuts's picture

I thought the same thing. Give her pictures so that she can throw darts at them, I don't think so. I feel that my photos are personal. How far do they need to dig into our lives.

anna's picture

your BM sounds just like my BM!!!!! They must have read the same handbook, "How to be a psycho ex-b****!" In our last court case we had to have a GAL come in our house because the BM was making my SD lie and say she only wanted to be there when her dad was there (hence the not picking up and dropping her off anymore) and I have to warn you, I hope you have a better GAL than ours! She turned against us! Because she heard the BM's story first! Even though when my SD was at our house she would say it was ok for me to pick her up! WTF? What is wrong these BM's?

GoingNuts's picture

Our GAL is a guy and he actually spoke with us prior to his ex. He is coming back soon to revisit. I just wish my H had to deal with the stuff I do. My ex is actually really easy to get a long with. I am really excited that I found this site because when I got the letter tonight saying that they wanted family photos I about sh**!

anna's picture

if you haven't talked to your attorney yet I bet he can object due to something like "unnessecary" or truly ridiculous or some type of legal jargon! Was it on discovery or a motion requesting them?

GoingNuts's picture

My h's ex filed a subpoena on all of his past employeers and him. They are requesting him to turn over all bank recpts and also copies of checks. I think this seems a little crazy. Why do they care what deposits we have made and checks we have written. When my husband and I got married I kept a seperate checking account because I didn't want her to have access to them. She filed this in November of last year and we are just getting a court date.

wildlife's picture

I can't get my mind wrapped around the photo albums either. What in the world could she need those for? To prove that you are a happy family and she can't compete with that in terms of SD and her single status? Perhaps. In any case, what does your lawyer say about this? I don't think you should have to do it either.

GoingNuts's picture

My h's attorney just said that it seemed a little cumbersome and that they may do a release of authorization. I really didn't gather anything from this.

pissedoffinNC.'s picture

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA I love it... "Yes she is Jealous, but just give the pictures make sure they are good ones that will just kill the ex." I SOOOOOO agree with her!! Hang in there!

GoingNuts's picture

I sent the best pictures I had. I sent wedding photos of My H and I kissing and dancing. The crazy Bm will never learn.