You are here

Help!!! Child custody/support modification

Mrsramarlow's picture
Forums: 

Question 1: We are filing a child support modification/custody modification in the state of NC. As of now my DH custody is joint custody yet there is no parenting plan so ex can deny him his children any time she wants. We are also filing for a support modification because we now have a daughter and with his HIGH cs it's hard to put food on the table, trust me I've cut every corner this is the last route I wanted to go. She also is getting child support from AL and she moved to NC right after their divorce, so we know she should have let AL know she moved and notified NC of his cs. I know some states do count subsequent children I'm just curious do any of you know if NC does?

Question 2: Upon my husbands divorce agreement he was to make her car payment for 16 months. When the 16 months was over with she was supposed to have the car out of his name and start making payments. She failed to get it out of his name on time, it took her 7 months of us badgering her and finally she got it out after we made a payment and we sent her a certified letter saying if it wasn't out in 30 days we would be forced to pursue legal action. They also have a credit card that she is supposed to be splitting. The divorce agreement doesn't give her a specific time frame to pay it in it just says "when she's financially able". She's been financially able for a year now, making just as much if not more than my husband. If we take her to court will a judge make her start paying? Has anybody went through this type thing?

Rags's picture

2. The usual bottom 10%ers of the legal profession that seem to gravitate to family law practice and the family law bench.

IMHO and experience of course.

Mrsramarlow's picture

They went through a litigator they never went in front of a judge. That's why there is no parenting plan, high cs, etc... The guy screwed my husband big time.

step off already's picture

If she's making more, nail her ass. She should probably be paying your DH. And be sure you get a patenting plan.

AngelaK's picture

A Federal Trade Commission study discovered 26 percent of participants had errors on their credit reports. The FTC estimates 40 million Americans, 26 percent of the population, might have credit score errors they are not aware of. Get a cash advance to pay for your credit report monitoring.