You are here

whats she trying to pull?

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

DH got a call near 9pm last night from BM phone. The conversation went like this:
DH: hello?
Skid8: hey daddy, we're coming to your house this weekend on Friday and then we are going to stay until Tuesday, so you're gonna have to get us dressed and ready on Monday and Tuesday to go to our swimming lesson at 10:00 in the morning at the recreation pool okay?
DH: hello?
Skid8: hi daddy
DH: how are you doing?
Skid8: I'm doing good, how are you?
DH: I'm good, glad to hear you're okay. When you call someone to talk on the phone, you probably should start by really saying hello and then start with whatever you wanted to say.
Skid8: ok
DH: I think you're supposed to go back to your mom on Sunday evening, but we can talk about it when you get here on Friday
Skid8: but we are gonna stay until Monday
DH: we'll talk on Friday okay?
BM whispers something to skid
Skid8: but we really wanted to stay until Monday
DH: we'll talk about it this weekend okay?
Skid: okay daddy
DH: how's your brother?

And the conversation went on about 30 more seconds with them going back and forth with general things.

Sounds like BM and her mother have bitten off more than they can chew with two very active little boys that they have never kept for extended periods of time.
Why else would the 8 yr old call to give DH the rundown of what has to happen a week from now?
I've posted before about how BM has wanted to stick to the CO word for word until she finds something to benefit her more. There's no way she actually thought skids were staying until Tuesday, which is why she tried to whisper to skid to tell DH that they "really wanted to stay".

Not happening. She already gave me an unexpected vacation by claiming that she originally wanted June instead of July this summer, why would I mess that up? We have to take Father's Day, but those kids are going back at 6pm on Sunday and no later.