You are here

Three too many.

Rags's picture

At what point does it sink in to someone who has no business having children to not have any more children?

DW has a cousin (1st cousin's daughter) who is about to drop her third.  She is the extremely broken and needy kid who had such a tragic childhood that she has been hell bent to breed her own squad of kids to provide her with unconditional love.

I feel for her kids.  She stands on a pedestal of feeling that she and all single unwed mothers, should be worshipped as mother goddesses.  She has a number of like minded young women who all buy into the bullshit and are breeding a herd of little humans to prove them with unconditional love.  They spend quite a bit of time badmouthing men, yet select yet another waste of skin to fertilize their next pregnancy.

No one will call her on her bullshit, I dance around it but to preserve access to that portion of her family for my DW I bite my tongue.  This is DW's deceased bio-dad's family.  Her bio-dad was killed in a car accident before my MIL knew she was pregnant with my DW.

DW cringes when this girl spouts her crap and is sad that she is going down the multiple children by multiple donors road.  The one nearing its pop out date is the only one of her three born within a marriage.

I had such high hopes for this young woman. She went to college, got a dental assistant Associates, had a decent career going, then got knocked up by an on again, off again BF, went through the custody, support, visitation thing, got knocked up again when the first one was about 2yo by a new BF, quit her job, planned a wedding, married baby daddy #2 when their son was a few months old.... he turned 2yo and boom... knocked up with #3.  Her squad of celebratory breeding for unconditional love mothers went nuts with their mutual worship society.

All I see... is three kids that will inherit so much angst and bullshit from their mother that they are F-d. From day one they are F-d.  

Even more sad is this screwed up kid is leading her two younger sisters into her breeding for unconditional love bullshit.  She is the eldest of three girls. #2 squeezed out a kid right after #2 was dropped by her elder sister.  I fear that the youngest will join her two older sisters in the breeding for love squad.

Why can't people call bullshit on this bullshit?  I have a number of times, particularly with my DW's sibs.   I don't have the heart or energy to do it with this idiot kid.  Besides, my DW asked me not to call her on her crap.

So, I bite my tongue.  Good thing STalk is available for my rant.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

There really should be some minimum requirements for prospective parents. A psych eval wouldn't go amiss.

I too am not a fan of the Golden Uterus Brigade, especially the ones who marginalize or treat fathers as atms. It's harmful to both kids and dads.

Misandry should not be tolerated any more than misogyny. But it sounds like it's the line of b.s. your bride's relative has adopted to justify her multiple poor and selfish choices.

CLove's picture

Sounds like an excuse to get more child support as well. Toxic Troll told DH she "couldnt get pregnant". Out pops 2 kids. Her father had to pressure dH to actually put a ring on it and marry her, because 2 kids. 

Now, shes the "bff" mother with her two "bff" daughters. Because being a parent is hard, and if you do it right, they dont like you all the time. Perhaps your DW's relative needs parenting...but having kids for the sake of fulfilling yourself, is just bad. I feel for the kids, they are the ones that will suffer.

Rags's picture

Sadly this young woman is the progeny of a crack head BM and a completely absent bio-dad.  Her parents married when BM got prognant and the bio-dad's mother forced him into the Army so he could "support" his child.  He joined the Army and never returned to their home town.   They stayed married for more than 10 years while BM squeezed out two more daughters with a crackhead BF.   She was mollested by more than one crackhead that her mother and the BF allowed to crash at their crackhouse.  The young woman finally just left at about 14yo and lived with the family of her BFF.

My DW's Uncle and Aunt are both addicts as well and did not take their eldest grand daughter.  They did get clean and took in the younger two grand daughters when they were pre-teens.

The whole thing is tragic.  

But who would bring children into that multigenerational nightmare... on purpose?  

smh