You are here

SM's without Bio children - A sticky question for your partners

NotSureAnymore's picture

Loving all the posts on this site... SO HELPFUL.
So im gonna try n keep it short...

I never can help but feel that my partner chose to be with me because i dont have kids... he has 3 and saw it as a less complicated situation. It is less complicated if YOU dont have Bio kids... because after all SOME men struggle with raising another persons child.. or to grow to love them (some men do this easily).

So... i pose all women without Bio kids to confront their partners about what they would do in a situation where you had children, needed to go and see them without them being present KNOWING these is an ex partner your going to have to interact with...

Pose that question... your partner should be honest with you... and if they are not you will see through it...

Sometimes turning the table is necessary if you want to explain certain 'rules' you have placed on your relationship that HUSBAND or partner might FINALLY get insight.

No one is more important than the other... but just like its a blessing for him to not have SK's... WHAT WOULD THEY DO IF THEY DID HAVE SK?????????????

What everyone think

dodgegal05's picture

I've had a few miscarriages in my previous marriage (its a god send really). Last year sometime I was telling fdh i could have a 4 yr old right now if I hadnt miscarried, how would you feel if I had a 4 yr old? He said if I would of had kids he probably wouldn't be with me right now. Ofcourse with his age I can see not wanting to raise a small child now, but I have to accept his kids (actually stepkids, but whatever). I was kind of pissed about the double standard at the time, but I'm over it for the most part.

leftfield's picture

umm yea. My SO told me when we first began dating how happy he is to have found someone without children. I asked him why he felt that way, and he basically said he dated 2 other women with kids and their kids were not well-behaved at all, so he became turned off to it.

I can't say I blame him. If his kids weren't so well-behaved, I'd be out the door. And when they do rarely act up, SO is right there putting them in their place.

z3girl's picture

My DH said he specifically looked for a woman without children. He would not have dated me if I had children already.

That being said, he also wanted a younger woman (I'm 15 years younger) so that he could have more. He has SD20 from his first marriage, and now we have our 7 month old son, and are expecting another.

I think my DH knew how complicated it is being divorced with a child, and he didn't want to add to it by having both people in the relationship divorced with children. It certainly is selfish on his part, but it does cut down on the messiness. If he refused to have children with me, however, I would never have married him.

NotSureAnymore's picture

This is what my partner thinks. Also it is selfish!!!! So this means they can appreciate how hard it is to rear children, let alone SK's... who you have no 'authority' over... dont even go there about not understanding the eternal bonds of Bio parent to child... if you dont have kids of your own. This issue is good to raise when things are of concern to you regarding SK's... i guess sometimes if BD's get frustrated they need to look at the bigger picture.
Its not a tool to use against them... just the mere fact that we need to look at ourseleves and as little or as much as we do for the SK's its never recognised... so do what is within your limit as a person... leave the parenting to BIO PARENTS... I dunno...

I just wish that sometimes when i communicate about the kids my husband doesnt get his back up... thinks im less of a woman because i even has an issue with a child. I explained to him yesterday that even if this was my own child I'd pull them up 10 times more than i do the kids re chores, contributing to household upkeep...

Seriously... i know petty but ive realised not to reach myself out too far... and if people have a problem with that... than they dont really want me around for my personality, or person... just to be a slave, nod, agreeable, walk over, push over, and be the one to witness the 'little shit' comments they have towards each other... and the underlying maniuplative ones towards myself from SD11.

Lolakins's picture

I have asked this same question a million times.... but DH only says "I don't know." Which I think is a pile of crap. He sees everyday what I go through. And he doesn't know how he would feel. Sometimes I wish I was did have my own kid to make him feel the same way I do. }:)