You are here

Please Please help!!! Need advice on problem child!!

Joe1313's picture

I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months now and I'm in love with her. Unfortuately, she has a 5 year old son that is out of control. For some reason she always feels so sorry for him so she buys him toys constantly even when he's bad. From the minute he opens his eyes until he closes his eyes for bedtime he's a monster. All day long he acts up and doesn't listen to us when we try to discipline him. She tries to discipline him using a naughty chair and spankings but nothing works. I've tried so hard to bond with him and have a relationship with him but the only person that could love this child is his mother. When I try to play toys and games with him he yells at me, when I try to take him somewhere like a playground he complains and gets snotty. This kid never enjoys life. He doesn't know how to play by himself so he is constantly hanging around us and complaining. He has no respect for our things and he will not apologize for anything he does wrong. He slaps and hits me all the time and thinks its funny. I've tried to talk to my gf about it but she just tells me that I don't know anything about children and its normal behavior. Our life just revolves around him, we can't enjoy life because we constantly have to tend to him. I hate bringing him places because he talks super loud and makes a scene when we won't buy him something. He's a master manipulator and bossy. He's allowed to chew gum even though he put it in a girls hair, eat and drink in his room (his room is filthy), he chooses his dinner (chicken nuggets or cereal). Last week he got mad because I had to chase him around the house to get my shirt from him, then he grabbed a lighter off the table and told me he was going to burn my house down. Then what is bizarre is she thinks he is the sweetest boy because he tells her how beautiful she is. He only tells her that to get a new stuffed animal to add to his collection of 300. He started to do this really strange thing lately where he kiss his mom on the cheek but he holds the kiss and moves his head around and makes smacking noises. Then he kisses her up and down both arms, like slowly. All this really grosses me out because its like 2 adults would kiss each other. She even said something to him about it the other day. I don't know if he's jealous of our relationship or what. But I guess my question is.. how would you guys handle this? Is it ok to stand up for myself and say something to him when he hits me? He trashes my car and house when he's over and I don't say anything because im afraid she'll get pissed about it.