You are here

Parental Alienation gotten worse should we enlist help with the court?

NakedBee00's picture

I posted resently  how BM was working hard at turning SS11 against us by purposely letting him do things we don't and praising him when he's defiant towards us. We tried to ignore it like many said. We also tried to do more fun family things as someone suggested but unfortunately BM only works part time and has way more free time to devote to kissing  SS butt. The most reset development came when we took SS to his yearly physical. BM dislikes his pediatrician because he won't side with her on certain issues so she does not go. SS knows BM does not like his pediatrician and when the pediatrician was telling SS normal things SS was getting very rude for no reason and ended up calling him a bastard. SS later told us when he told BM she laughed and said the pediatrician probably deserved it. We are sticking to our house rules and consequences but they are having less effect now because SS knows when he goes back to BM's house she will purposely make up for whatever we did not let SS do. Here is my question do you think the court would get involved if we brought it to them? The pediatrician knows how BM feels about him and even said BM was probably behind that outburst in his office. SS is careful to defend BM and not say to much but has said BM tells him he does not have to listen to us and that our house rules are dumb. If SS came clean with everything that BM has been doing could BM lose her joint custody?

dysfunctionally_blended's picture

Sadly proof of mental abuse, which this sounds like it is, is nearly impossible to show in court. And I highly doubt your SS will testify its happening as you stated. 

We deal with this daily. Only one step further. Our HCBM makes up fake illnesses then takes SO to court if he doesnt follow these fake illness requirements! And wins! 

She also rewards skids for bad behavior at our home and encourages it. 

Honestly there is little you can do. Keep enforcing your rules always. With the hope that eventually your SS will understand what is happening and will stop. 

It hasn't happened for us yet though Sad

For you - disengage! Only way to save your sanity. 

NakedBee00's picture

Here is a thought. We have taped SS telling us the things BM is telling him to do. Like encouraging SS to not listen to the DR she does not like and rewarding him with gifts when he's rude to us. If we show this to the law Guardian do you think they would at least say something to BM? SS is loyal to BM BUT he also is a coward and I know if he was brought into the judges chambers and questioned about what BM has been doing he WOULD spill the beans. My only question is even if SS tells the crap BM is doing will the court do anything about it?

dysfunctionally_blended's picture

Not sure about your area. Here kids talk to GAL. They don't watch videos, etc. Then they make recommendation to the court. Kids do not talk directly to the judge. The intention is for kids to feel comfortable. But they also tell them they will be talking with both parents. Which means the kids KNOW what they say isn't private! Not many kids will be honest in what happens. Basically its a waste of time and money. 

And it takes a lot for the court to do more then just a slap on the wrist when it comes to BMs. 

That is why my feeling is there isn't much you can do. Just live your life in your home with skids and ignore the crazy.