You are here

New to site

Sia's picture

I found this site on accident Friday, and can't get enough! There are actually people out there who have the same problems I have, GENIUS!!! I am loving being able to know that there are people who feel the same way I do about things with a SD and BM. My SD BM is bipolar and so is SD, this makes for a great living situation!!! Smile Anyway, glad to know there is a place I can vent and others will understand!

new's picture

I found this site today and was glad to know that I was not alone with step parenting issues. however one issue I have I have not came across on this site. My SD will talk about her BM and my husbands past relationship together and the good times they once shared, or she will bring her BM into our conversations in some way. She has done this since she was five yrs.old and is now going on 18. I have mentioned this to my husband but, you know it is his little girl.
I love her to pieces and I know she loves me but, when it comes to this it hurts me so deeply that I feel like she will never accept her father and I being together.

steppie1999's picture

Hi there. Only been here a few weeks myself. Wish I'd found this site years ago.....It's great Smile

sarahbernheart's picture

I am also a new member, only about 2wks
it is nice to know you are not alone!!

“You will never be on top of the world
if you try to carry it on your shoulders.”

Sita Tara's picture

Unfortunately home can be rather crazy it's true. But we are all glad to meet you Smile

Peace, love, and red wine

Sarah101's picture

Welcome! I've been here for a few weeks and I can honestly say that I'm more empowered because I know there are others out there who are going through the same crap I am dealing with.

Before I found this site I was suffering alone and thought I was headed for the looney bin. Hey--maybe this IS the looney bin! Wink

We look forward to hearing more from you!

sarahbernheart's picture

LOL we are the looney bin!! for sure!
if it werent for this looney bin I would be on top of the biggest building here and taking pop shots at people!!

“You will never be on top of the world
if you try to carry it on your shoulders.”

_Jess_'s picture

I'm pretty new here too. This site is great! I complain to my friends about things, and they really try, but I just don't think anyone can really understand what its like to deal with a crazy BM, and a sometimes irrational and obnoxious S-kid, unless they've done it themselves.

stepwitch's picture

I have known these ladies for years. Hold on honey, you are in for a little ride (and your little dog too!) Spill your guts !

Sarah101's comments, double for me!

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

need2vent's picture

remember u have new friends, who laugh, cry and scream with each other, it is all good.
Welcome aboard.
"We don't understand life anymore at 40 then at 20, but we know it and admit it" Jules Renard

stepwitch's picture

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

Gabby's picture

My SS and his BM are both bipolar. Fun, huh?

Colorado Girl's picture

My skids BM is diagnosed bipolar as well. Fortunately, my SDs have not shown any symptoms of their mother's mental illness. I know the frustrations and hardships that comes with this diagnosis.

It's a long bumpy road and it's so comforting to find others who are willing to catch you when you fall and even make you laugh when you didn't think laughter was even possible.... Smile

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Sia's picture

Awwwww...thanks guys! What a warm welcome! My friends think I'm crazy sometimes, so it's great to know that I won't be the only Looney person in the bin!!! Smile