You are here

Need Future outlook for regarding needy clingy Bratty SS

NeedystepMonster's picture

I would like heads up to what the teenage/adult years will bring. SS11 has ALWAYS been needy Demanding immature spoiled behind his peers behavioral wise. He wore pull ups till 5 and refused to Wipe his ass till 6. Would bite when angry till 7 and had to use a Sippy cup till 8. Now at 11 he refuse to learn to tie his shoes, has to sit/walk next to “dad” or throws a fit and has to go on vacation with a suitcase full of stuffed animals. Now just like he finally outgrew wearing Diapers/Biting I’m sure he will outgrow these things too. I mean I can’t see a 16 yr old refusing to tie his shoes or having a temper Tantrum because he can’t sit next to dad. Jesus I hope not at least. BUT what I’m saying is yes he outgrew these things BUT they were replaced by Another annoying habit. So my question is people who have or did have needy demanding spoiled brats what “new issues” can I (not)look forward to as SS gets into his teen years and then early adult years? What is the chance A switch comes on at a certain age and SS grows up and starts acting like other kids his age?

MrsStepMom's picture

Ya he clearly has something wrong. Borderline child abuse, if not full blown, to not have doctors checking these things out. 

But no, it won’t get better because they are shit parents. Make no mistake, your SO is a shit parent for not addressing these behaviors both professionally and as a parent in how he teaches the child. 

Rags's picture

If you and DH do not immediately establish rigorous standards of reasonable behavior for your home and family the possible variables that this manipulative toxic crotch dropping can perpetrate are nearly infinite.

Individuals are individuals and each one has any number of decisions that they can make.

So, set the rules, enforce the rules, bring escalating age appropriate misery inducing consequences that delivers the right state of abject misery that drives appropriate behaviors from this manipulative toxic kid.

Don't play the what if and what can you expect game.  Get ahead of the problem, bring the pain and take a zero tolerance approach to this kid's behavior.  He either complies with appropriate behavioral standards or he is miserable.

His choice.

Make him live the consequences of defiance or the reasonably pleasant existence of compliance.

lorlors's picture

Stepchildren are not wine. They don’t improve with age.

If anything, they just dream up new and more ingenious ways of making your life unbearable. In my case, moving in with me full time lol.

Thisisnotus's picture

Besides the diaper thing my SD11 is the same. I don’t know how she will ever survive middle school. She is about to be 12. She can’t ride a bike and just learned to tie her shoes.

she is very smart and there is nothing “wrong” with her other than how she’s been raised. She does not ever leave DHs side, ever. I also have an almost 12 year old and omg they are opposite.

SD11 has to have stuffed animals and still wants baby toys, literally walked in with a baby alive that BM had just bought her. 

We took everyone to the carnival last night and all the kids went running around riding rides except SD11. She was stuck to DH and insisted to ride the baby roller coaster with the 4 year olds and play the toddler games like where you fish and get a prize. It baffles me than BM and DH want their child to be so far behind their peers. This kid can’t even pour herself a drink.

if you think it goes away it doesn’t. SD16, yes 16 came into our room last night and woke up DH to ask him to put an outfit in the dryer for her to get the wrinkles out. Kill me. 

Dovina's picture

She doesnt know how to use a dryer???  OMG

Thisisnotus's picture

I don’t know. I am thinking no, but most likely she just needs someone else to do it for her. My poor SDs can’t do anything for themselves. “Daddy can you make me a can of soup?” Yes, at 16 she can’t even put a can of soup in a bowl and then in the microwave. And they want this kid to get a car???? 

BM actually heats there towels and PJs at night after they shower. Sophomore in high school and 6th grader....did I mention that they also sleep in bed with BM and have since birth. Some crazy shit.

MrsStepMom's picture

Good lord! I always thought it was sweet when my mom did the dryer thing in the winter so I wouldn't get cold. Keep in mind this was sometimes if she thought of it to be sweet. My SS is an idiot but at least he can keep himself alive (I think). Although he won't even microwave food because "it takes too long". A 2 minute Hot Pocket takes too long. SMH

Thisisnotus's picture

I can understand it being sweet but we don’t even live anywhere where it gets cold. Lol 

it is seriously just parents and MIL not wanting these kids to grow up. They are treated like I treat my 1 year old.

just today MIL said how she thinks SD16 should take a year off before going to college. WTF and do what?  Cause it ain’t live off of me. This is the same MIL who cuts up their food.