You are here

My beloved step son

Litay's picture

Quick back story: my first husband died in a car accident twenty years ago leaving me at 30 and also leaving his 23 year old son. After time passed, my SS met his wife when he working on my new house, fell in love with and married her. I was at the wedding. I was there at the hospital right after their baby was born. We've celebrated every Christmas together, and I sat with his wife on Sunday mornings last year until she died of breast cancer at 40. My BS16 played piano at her funeral.

I have an SD21 who I've written some about for calling me a c$&nt and removing herself from our family saying she hated me all her life. I am being treated for stage 4 ovarian cancer. My SS ran into my SD the other day, and as he was greeting her, he whispered in her ear that she better get things clear with me before I died. He and his dad were having normal father son troubles that they would have outgrown had his dad lived. Anyway, I am so touched that he made that effort. Also, my SD texted my DH to see if she could come over tomorrow.

P.S. It may seem like we have had a lot of tragedies in our lives, and it's true, but there is a lot of love and happiness too. Also,

Rags's picture

And that is exactly as it should be. Thanks for sharing your blended family and journey with us.

Take care of you and I send my highest hopes for success in your health challenges.