You are here

Kids Room

ladybug1974's picture

HI i have 2 bedroom townhouse and my step kids visit every 2 weekends. ( Monday to Friday )  when my son moved out i made that a extra room. My boyfreind moved in and bought bunk beds and made it a kid room.  The bunk beds are the kind that have the futton mattress under neath that is a couch when not using it.. They never stay in there room, he even put a 55 inch TV in there . they prefer to be down stairs . They only go up there to sleep. 

I was thinking of getting rid of the bunk beds or getting a trundle bed or better yet a mattress for the bottom and getting rid of the futton Im in need or a extra mattress as my BF snores terriable and when the kids are not here him or I could sleep in that room . We cant at the moment as the futon is so unfortable. 

I totally regret letting him turn that into a kids room as the kids are not even around enough to have persay there own room. They would be fine sleeping in any room with any kind of bed.  One is 14 and one is 7 . Its like a shrine in there lol and there never over . 

I dont think its right for obvious reasons to have them share a bed..Does anyone use a trudle bed for 2 boys about the same age as my step kids ? or keep the futon and put a normal double mattress on the bottom ? 

ESMOD's picture

I had a trundle bed for the girls in our cabin and it worked fine.  you could go to a full sized regular bed and get a twin trundle.. some of them "pop up" so that they aren't sitting flat on the floor.  

I don't think your BF should necessarily foot the whole bill.. if anything.. a split since you both will get use of it