You are here

kids names...

love for animals's picture

So 6 years ago I met my husband, he has 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl. Before I met him I always wanted kids, but never had any of my own, but always thought of their names. I chose 2 boy names. They when I met my husband his 2 boys had the same name that I would have chose for my 2 boys! I thought it was just the coolest thing. I thought it was fate!

Well now I'm ready to have kids of my own and even though I was so excited to already have 2 boys with the names I wanted I'm kinda sad that it wasn't me that got to do it. It was my husband that named them those names, his ex got to pick the middle names. So I'm really happy about that one LOL. I have other boy names picked out but in a way it still makes me sad. I do I cope?

sixteensmom's picture

Use the names as middle names if you really like them that much?
I have a friend who has three Sams. Daughter is Samantha. Stepson is Samuel and other stepson was Sampson from dif dads.

I don't usually say 'just get over it' but idk what other options you have.

SillyGilly's picture

Agreed. "Just get over it" isn't usually my mantra either, but I read this post a while ago and have been thinking about it. I don't know if there is anything else to do but get over it!? :?

My first dogs name is Lexi!!
That would be cool for the middle names! Thanks!

SusiQ's picture

DH is a jr and SS is a third. So when I found out we wree having a little boy, I was a tad upset that I wouldn't be able to name him after his father. But I found a way around it. My DH's first name is John and my DS's name is Sean - which is John in galiec. Is there anothre name that means the same thing or maybe a different language that you could use?

My husbands sister's name and his ex's sister's name is the same...

Im not sure about that, ive never even thought about looking into that. The 2 names are Tristan and Riley! Im just happy no one has the name Kyra in either of our familys! That's the name I want for my little girl!

My sister had a baby just over a year ago. I used to talk to her all the time about the names I would choose, since I met my husband we chose names together since the other 2 were already taken, and we used to talk to my sister about them, we told her we chose Adian. So when she was pregnant she was telling me the names she chose, and when she found out she was having a boy, she chose Adian. We got in a huge fight over that, we didnt speek the rest of her pregnancy. But when she gave birth it was a girl, she named her Jillian! LOL

Tx mommy of 3's picture

Those names could also be girls names or girls middle names. If you do still use them as middle names you can also spell them differently.