You are here

Just Curious

DaniAM73's picture

Ok first my disclaimer: I have no problem with DH seeing his children multiple times a week. After all he is their dad. Now with that said....

I am curious as to what the standard visitation is. DH gets Ssons Tues and Thurs 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Every Saturday from 12 PM to 8 PM. They spend the night EOW.

I know with an ex bf he got his son like once or twice a weekend.

Again just curious.

Thumper's picture

Your husbands schedule is NOT standard. Are the kids itty bitty and possibly still nursing? Nursing moms are loosing that 'reason' now too. PUMP and send milk is what is expected.

Anyway.

50 50 is becoming the standard, tipping the scales even. The old Everyother weekend from 6pm Friday until 6pm Sunday and 'maybe' after school Wed until 7, 8pm every week.

Time for your husband to modify his current order requesting equal split of over nights between mom and dad. Do your home work on the new law in KY giving 50 50 as the new norm unless either one or both parents have been successfully charged with child neglect, child abuse or other means of unfitness. Michigan has one on the books too, Illinois is working on their new bill too.

HERESAY is no longer the measuring stick for cases. KEEP very quite if you are going back into court for shared equal custody---OR before you know it,, dad or you/both are handed a protection order. LOOK UP ---silver bullet in custody cases.
NOT saying this will happen but it seems to be "WHAT" happens, unfortunately.

BEST wishes and please let us know how it goes.

DaniAM73's picture

He was lucky to get that. She didn't want them spending the night because he remarried. The judge wasn't having that. The ages are SS15 and SS12. The issue now is she doesn't want them going out of state on vacations with him/us. However, he can petition the court.

Honestly, I stay out of it. Way too much of unnecessary drama.

Rags's picture

It seems to depend on distance between the residences of the bioparents. In our case we never lived closer than 1200 miles to SpermLand so the SpermClan got 7wks of visitation per year. 5wks summer, 1wk winter, 1wk spring. My wife as the CP got every December 25th. Visitation could not fall on the Skid's birthday on consecutive summers. My DW could opt for a mid summer visitation period of ten days starting some time after the first two weeks of their summer visitation

If we had lived within 200miles of SpermLand then it would have been EOWE and some CO'd holiday rotation.

DaniAM73's picture

Thanks Rags. I was just curious. BM wanted less time, but that was a no go.