You are here

Just annoyed and venting

stepper47's picture

SD15 has been coming over on her schedule the last couple months, which has been a nice change after drama around how she wanted to be able to call her own schedule from day to day.  Overall things have been better, her attitude has improved a lot and I have worked on being less uptight about things.  This is her weekend with us and a few days ago my husband asked what I thought if she asked to have someone sleep over.  I said that would be fine, but just one night, I didn't want someone over both nights.  He easily agreed and yesterday she asked to have someone stay tomorrow (Saturday) night. Cool. Tonight she had plans with her boyfriend to go to his house, he picked her up at 730.  I was out at the time, and at 736 DH texted that their plans changed and they would be coming back to our house.  Normally this is something that I know I would need to work on being flexible about, but I am so frustrated because DH and I had the conversation about not having people over both nights. It takes me back to when I felt like he disregarded me in order to please her.  I had been so looking forward to coming home and having a quiet evening lounging and watching TV, it has been a long week and I wanted to unwind.  Now we have a guest in the space I would do that, and another one coming tomorrow.  Ugghhhh

SteppedOut's picture

Flat out ask your dh what the deal is? You clearly stated guest ONE NIGHT ONLY. I can already guess what his dumb excuse will be... something to the effect of it's different people so he thought it would be ok. 

stepper47's picture

I asked him if he remembered our conversation and he said he did, and I said I was upset because we had talked about it and the opposite was happening.  He said he totally understood but their plans changed.  I said so as usual, that matters more than what you and I talk about. I was dropping him off to pick up his car so he said thanks for the ride and got out.  I feel like if he is upset or bothered by something, he has become better about making a stand.  But if it's not something that bothers him, he has no problem running over my feelings or things we agreed to to please his daughter.  I have a hard time with that. 

simifan's picture

Hope you checked yourself into a plushy hotel to get that lounge time. Don't forget room service.