You are here

Ignorance is Bliss

DaniAM73's picture

DH never ceases to amaze me. MIL shared with DH that one of BIL's SD's told him he wasn't her father and she didn't need to listen to him. DH was rather understanding and felt so sorry for BIL. He had all kinds of advice to give.

I guess because he is on the outside looking in he can clearly see just how mean Skids can be. I told DH if I were BIL I wouldn't do anything else for them. (Twin SD's) DH agreed. You know the little devil inside of me was hoping when I said that DH would get a clue that I have disengaged. No clue.

I did tell him SP's get a bad reputation. I also told him BIL's wife should have handled the situation so it doesn't get out of hand.

The conversation continued and DH told me I was more of a mother to SS12 and SS15 than BM would ever be. I wonder what channel he was watching? :?

Acratopotes's picture

hahahahaha DH understood exactly what you where saying, he's not stupid, he immediately realized you where disengaged when you said BIL should not be doing anything for those brats...

and then DH came up with this brilliant idea of telling you : You are more of a mother to the skids then their own"

see DH is thinking with that compliment you will jump and do more for his children... I learned through the years to read between the lines, men are all the same, they thinking ways everything... some men are just not as self centered as others, and some men keeps possession of their balls and do not hand it to any one..

DaniAM73's picture

I'm kind of impressed that he did that. Sadly for him it changes nothing. I will continue to stay disengaged.