You are here

How much for CS

step2three's picture

How much does your H,FH,BF pay for CS and how much do you receive for your BK (if appicable)? Just wondering!

step2three's picture

pays 623 a month for 3 and I receive 200 a month for 1 but he has her medical insurance.

stepmasochist's picture

He paid $1200 a month for 3. BM, pays squat at the moment. I'm hoping to get that changed. I did the calculator though and it looks like she'll be paying a little over $200 a month for all three.

step2three's picture

I hate the fact that BM dont have to pay as much as BF's it took both to make the kids why should one have to pay more! I am very resonable with my BD's father I dont expect him to pay an arm and leg for her she is also my daughter to support with my own money and I understand he has a wife and kids to support also. The court wanted him to pay me 375 so we just settled for 200 he pays me directly.

step2three's picture

if it's 50/50 no one should pay anyone you have the child half the time

2Bloved's picture

We have full custody, BM pays $428 a month for all three. OSD is not BF's, but he's still daddy. I'm nto even sure if BM is collecting CS for OSD from her biodad. She should be paying more ($1900), for the three, and $1700 for the two, but it's not worth the battle. When she had them FT, BF paid her $400, based off of income, which is why she feels like she should only pay him $400.

Catlover's picture

and before DH lost his job he was paying 500 dollars a month for 2 kids. He was lucky to find another job, but his salary went from 80,000 to 35,000 a year. BM refused to stipulate to her paying us child support. We had to take her to court. She finally agreed to stipulate an hour before we had court. She signed the papers the end of Feb. She's supposed to be paying us $84 a month (retro to November!)but we still haven't seen a dime (love the red tape)

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me"

now4teens's picture

I have two boys- one is disabled. I have them 95% of the time (if not more) and pay for EVERYTHING EXTRA (school, activities, medical extras, camps, etc) for them and have since we divorced over 8 years ago.

My ex pays $1000/month for the two boys.
-------------------

My DH has three girls. 50-50 custody. Although the oldest SD was with us FT for over 18months until she went away to college.

DH also pays for EVERYTHING EXTRA:
*School tuitions, activites & related items for said activites,
*Camps (oh- the PRICEY ONES, too!)
*medical & dental extras
*College & all related expenses
*Cars for his daughters to use and all related expenses (and they get to use them at their BMs house, too)
*cell phones for the three of them (and oldest SD has BB service)
*pretty much any other related items you can think of!

DH also paid over $4200/month in CS until oldest SD was 18. (And no- that is not a typo)

And now that oldest SD has turned 18, it went down a MERE $600, YUP THAT'S ALL FOLKS, to over $3600/month for TWO KIDS

having them 50-50 custody.

And BM doesn't work. Over seven years later she claims she couldn't get a job.

But she DID manage to have another kid. And she somehow ALWAYS manages to CRY POOR to anyone who will listen!

So...can you see why I tend to get a little hot under the collar on this particular topic???? Wink

"Of course things worked out nicely for Carol Brady...she had a live-in maid and Mike's first wife was DEAD!"

LizzieA's picture

With that much CS, why would she have to work? But she'll have a rude awakening when they grow up and it stops.

belleboudeuse's picture

You must be livid that you're essentially paying her spousal support. I thought WE had it bad.

BB

- You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. (2Bloved)

step2three's picture

Thats outrageous my blood would boil TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Gestalt's picture

My son lives primarily with dad, 60/40ish split....I pay $325 in support, I am never late, I always pay above and beyond....when Dad had custody he always had arrears, never paid for anything extra, never wanted to visit with kiddo, I take every second of time I can get with our son-

and here's what I was talking about each side assuming things about the other-

I take every second I can get with our son because I love him and miss him and truly enjoy spending time with him. I know many of you think your skids moms do it just to be a bother or just to cause problems, but many of you are moms yourself, could it not be that they just want to spend time with their kids because it's the natural thing to want to do?

"The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change, So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger, but in wisdom, understanding, and love." -Jennifer Edwards

Gestalt's picture

about cs.....I posted about cs....and then thought of an example relevant to what I had posted when someone ASKED about what BM's thought....

where's the problem

"The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change, So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger, but in wisdom, understanding, and love." -Jennifer Edwards

belleboudeuse's picture

We have his 2 kids Tu eve Thur eve (not overnights) and EOW. He pays $1600/mo plus health insurance, 1/2 of clothes, copays, medical expenses, school related expenses. Seems like an awful damn lot to me.

BB

- You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. (2Bloved)

melis070179's picture

My exH pays me $800 (not court ordered, agreed amount) for 1 boy that I have at least 95% of the time. We pay BM $300 for her son that we have for 7 days a year (not court ordered, voluntary). We also cover him for medical/dental, because its free through military. DH will be out of military when her son is 17 & BM will have to take over medical/dental somehow.

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"

Brooklynne's picture

BF has 50/50 joint custody, and no child support changes hands. I'm glad that it is that way, even though we have SS probably 60/40 or 70/30. The judge split all expenses straight down the middle. Whoever has the child in their custody pays for whatever expenses that come up. She is supposed to be paying half of SS's insurance premiums since BF carries him on his insurance, but she has yet to pay a dime; hence the reason why I'm glad that no support changes hands. If she ended up having to pay CS, BF would never see a dime! So yeah, we do pay more out of pocket expenses for SS, but I don't care. Whatever comes out of our pockets, I know it goes for SS's needs, and don't have to worry about whether or not he's being taken care of. We don't have to pay the ex anything, and for that, I'm extremely happy!

Brooklynne's picture

The county he filed in has an extremely forward thinking judge who believes each parent should be held equally financially responsible for their children. That's the way it should be; I wish that all judges thought this way!

frustratedinMA's picture

You know Crayon.. as a state worker, I can tell you that state employee salary records are open to the public.. you just need to go in and ask. I would get my hands on an untampered official copy from the state of NY and present that next time you take her into court. Arent you on a continuance right now from the overpayment on the braces?!?!?!? Also, check your newspaper's website. Here in MA.. the Boston Herald has posted ALL state employee's salaries, and the retiree's pensions. Just a thought.. Bet the court would love to ask her how it is that her stub she submitted is different.. if that doesnt give your bf credance.. I dont know what would there.

frustratedinMA's picture

Oh.. I am sorry to hear that. I was hoping that there would be some retribution for her STEALING from your bf. Hopefully next time he listens to you before BLINDLY handing money over to her.. I would refuse to help w/Droopy's dental.. tell her it was PREPAID w/the last two.

TinaKay's picture

His ex must not work... cuz if she did, no way would she get that much on his income.
MY husband makes close to 100K a year and pays just over 1,000 a month, but of course his ex makes 100K a year too....
which in my state matters as to what the non custodial parent will pay.
I never heard of such high child support as yours ON YOUR INCOME... maybe he has to buy medical inurance for the kids out of pocket or something ??? and why you are saying 1,000 a month.

FallingfromGrace's picture

of my two skids and no one pays child support. Daycare is split in half. We pay for all extras (sports, lunches, etc)We also pay for health insurance.

My ex is ordered to pay $640/mth but is in arrears over $30K. He does not see the kids and only calls for their b-days. We just leave each other alone.

"God grant me the serenity accept the things I cannot change; the strength to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

frustratedinMA's picture

My dh pays $850/mth for 2 children. He has them EOW. He has them on his health ins and dental, but bm had her new dh sign them up on his health.. we refuse to pay anything toward that, as dh has them covered.. she just doesnt like his health care.. too bad.

In addtiion to the cs, we pay for life ins on both kids, and put $50/mth each into a college savings plan.

imagr8tma's picture

is paying 800 a month for 1 kid. every other weekend visits and summer, spring, and winter visits.

Well it could be changing with us going to court for custody in may.

stepmom fighting back's picture

My husband settled in 2001 for $3,500 for his 2 children (at which time he opened his own company and anticipated a higher income)(didn't happen). We are currently going back to court to try to get a lower modfification accordingly. Currently he only makes about $95,000 a year, and we reside in NYS. We have been together 3 years and since that time he has had to take out lines of credit and loans to pay his child support each month. We can no longer afford to keep the children living at a higher standard than us. She continues to be a stay home mom (Step daughter are now 11 and 12), remarried in 2002 and has 2 more children with her current husband. Why should we support their extravagant life style. The courts can impute income on non-working BM's as well. We will fight to make sure this happens.

WowjustWow's picture

That's about me and DH's take home for the month! Good god, i'd be in court faster than you can blink an eye. That is ridiculous!

I hope you all can get that lowered!

WowjustWow's picture

DH pays about $500, we have the kids 60% and she has 40% (if she doesn't send them to people's houses on the weekends). DH's company pays for insurance for them, but his salary is lower because they do. We end up paying for 90% school stuff/ activities, clothes, shoes, etc. Then she bitches when we refuse to buy SD's something.

I have said this before, but I will say it again. I think it is stupid that because BM refuses to get a job, our household has to suffer. She runs around poor mouthing to any and everyone that will listen, but won't get a damn job. She has 2 college degrees (1 DH paid for), DH has none. There is no excuse for her to not work, she just knows how to play the system and collect all the government assistance she can.

kaffonseca's picture

My FH pays $75.00 a week for 1. He also pays for the health insurance. My BD's father pays me $60 a week..it used to be $225 a week and than he got laid off. His family is very good though with helping out and we split sports 50/50. I have a good paying job and he has a new baby on the way and he just got laid off from his job after 20 yrs. so I feel bad.

Serena's picture

My EH is supposed to pay $650 a month for two and split the expenses 50%. He paid about $200 a month sporadically for a few years but none of the extra expenses. I agreed to this arrangement "under the table" because he threatened to be a complete ass and it just wasn't worth the money. He wasn't taking them to their ball games, wouldn't let them call home when he had them, told them terrible lies that broke their hearts, and so on. But I haven't seen a dime in a couple years. I can afford to support myself and I'd rather not have his money but have a bit of control over him (not in the psycho BM sense, but in the "please take the kids to their awards banquet on your weekend... or at least let me take them" sense).

According to his custody agreement, DH is custodial parent and they have 50/50 visitation and split all other expenses 50/50, but no one pays child support. The actuality of it is that we really have her about 60/40 or 70/30 and we pay ALL her expenses. Every once in awhile she threatens to take us to court because she thinks she's doing us a big favor by not "charging" us child support. Puh-lease! I've done the math, even though DH makes more than her, since we pay ALL the expenses, SHE would have to pay US child support. I think she believes they will factor in my income. Thank God they don't or we'd be screwed!!

thebettermom's picture

My FH pays $565 a month for one kid..it seems like A LOT to me as we have his daughter EOW Friday-Sunday, 3 1/2 hours one day other day during the week, 2 weeks in the summer, and a few extra days during holidays and spring break. He also covers insurance and there is no day care costs since BM's mom watches her. I looked at the forms, I guess my FH makes too much? We also live in a state where fathers basically get screwed on everything when it comes to kids.

sarah1971's picture

70% of all daycare costs,school activities,field trips,medical/dental bills,health/dental insurance. DH also buys clothes for our house.We also are NOT the typical EOW. We have "Jr" almost 50% of the time in which we pay for everything when hes with us. We also do ALL the driving back and forth to BMs house and do about 60% of all dr/dentist appointments for SS. We do at least 50% of the sick/snow days when "Jr" can't go to school. Now one would think BM would be happy with this deal...NOPE she wants more money and complains DH does not do enough! God I hate New York they are so anti-dad!

TinaKay's picture

it is down to a science as to how much and how many kids, it goes up 5% for each kid up to I think ????
4 kids ( maybe its 5) and that is the max.

THE GOOD PART IS, in my state they also consider the mothers income and my husbands ex makes as much as he does ( around 100K a year) so she gets half of the normal rate.
If she did not work she could get double what she gets...

my husband must provide health insurance for his children under age 18, luckily for him, the cost out of pocket is small since
he gets good insurance at work, so husband is getting off lucky in his situation.
He currently pays about 1,000 a month on one kid, maybe slightly higher( 2 kids was only 50 dollars a month more but now only one is a minor)
and has the burden of providing health insurance, which costs him about 150-200 a month more.
All copays are divided in half IN NETWORK for insurance, out of network he does not have to pay anything.

If a woman were to marry the right guy ( or guys), have kids and space them out, and she lived in the right states, child support could carry her right into socuial security age Wink
It does not work as well for mothers who work and marry poor men, but it works fabulously well for women who do not work and marry well.
I wish I would have known all this when I was young, might have made me think twice as to IF I wanted kids because I saw NO REASON to have any and so far have not regretted it. If I knew then what I know now, I may have done things differently.

Back on topic: my husband pay no extras in child support for anything as his ex makes about 100K a year, he gave her the house which was paid for in the divorce and she can afford all extras.
It also does not help his ex her attitude is bad as he does no extras for the kids. Cars, cell phones, 200 dollar jeans from the mall and designer purses are NOT PART OF CHILD SUPPORT !!!

What he does is sometimes takes his son to a concert, out to dinner and to the movies, sporting events... NO CASH IS GIVEN except for birthday and Xmas and its only 50 bucks, which stops at age 18. Any gifts are very small, like a sweater or something...
he pays child support for his mother to buy him what he needs...

thats our set up with child support and all the extras.

HummingBirdHunny's picture

BM is supposed to pay $78 a week for both of my skids. I will give her credit she has been doing a decent job paying that lately but now that I have said that it will just be a matter of time before we find out she lost her job....once again like always! She also has to help pay 40% of extra dental, vision and I think a couple other things but I'm not sure exactly. To be honest I think a big part of why she is making sure to pay for stuff now is because in Feb. she had to explain to the prosecuting attorney why she wasn't paying and why it had gotten to 11 grand, now since she has been paying it isn't as high but she only pays an additional $5 a month to cover her back child support which I don't think is nearly enough to make a dent in what she owes!

foolfool's picture

My DH pays $1050/ month, half of afterschool care-$300/month, half of all extra activities, pays health insurance, has to have life insurance

hopeful12's picture

We have JC 50/50 or it is supposed to be... So anyway, H was ordered to pay half of uninsured medical and $34 a month (which is half of the insurance deductable. Let me tell ya though moo cow was pissed, before JC he was paying $491 for one child.. Now as far as my kids there is an order for $190 for my BD (which i am going to court on thursday for contempt and $166 for my BS but rarely get that either so you can never tell.. And I haveboth my BKs 100% of the time... LOSER BIO-SPERM DONOR
"Why doesn't the BM get it, if they knew how to keep their men happy. I would never be the evil stepmother"

stuknaz's picture

We have 2 boys (teenagers) EOW court ordered no one pays for child support! My DH pays for all of their medical and dental thru the insurance from HIS job.

He pays for all clothes, food, activities etc when they are out his house. She is responsible for the same at her place!

"And this too shall pass..."

cbs-life's picture

My husband has sole custody, and bm is supposed to be paying us just over $377 a month for 2 kids!! She hasn't stuck to that yet...This month we have only received a lousy $10.00 from her!!! We cover all medical, dental, and vision...we cover all sporting activities, school lunches, clothes, everything...It is however stated in the documents that she is to proveid the medical insurance, but it is never enforced by the courts. We have tried to get her support to be higher by giving the courts documentation of the cost of school lunches, and clothing, and other expenses, but they refuse to take any of it into consideration. Our state sucks when it comes to enforcing child support!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't even hold her in contempt for not paying the ordered amount. They give her the excuse that the economy is bad, and she is at least making an effort to pay something...yeah $10 a month for 2 kids goes a long way, let me tell ya!!!The courts use the motto "doing what's best for our children" it's just a bunch of bs...more like, letting dead beat parents remain dead beat parents!!! No one in our courts are standing up for the chhildren....

stepmomma00's picture

bf pays $700 a month and carries full medical on two kids...RIDICULOUS if you ask me... we have them every mon wed and fri, and keep them overnight every other weekend...and then some....

Wicked.Step.Monster's picture

DH pays $650/mo for 2 kids. Before bitchface moved them away from us we had them about 40% of the time, paid $550/mo then, plus 1/2 daycare, plus 1/2 of what BM said to pay, (seriously), plus all the extra crap DH wanted for them. Then she moved the skids away from us and was still trying to demand us to pay 1/2 daycare (it was her new MIL keeping them) so uhhhh NO, we did (out of the goodness of our hearts) pay an extra 100 so now she gets $650/mo even though not court ordered, and she kept trying to demand 1/2 of things as ridiculous as school pictures and school lunches. WTF is CS for anyway? I got $70/week for 10 years and only when I had to add my son to vehicle insurance did I ask for a bit more and EH now pays $85/week. My EH has never paid for anything extra and I don't feel like he should when I have him 99% of the time anyway. On the rare occasion he goes to his dad's his dad can pay for whatever for him then but not on my watch. We carry insurance on all the kids, dental, medical & vision.

I'm with the poster that said where is a woman's pride anyway? If it's MY child then I will bust MY ass to provide for that child. Not sit on that ass with my hand out!

soon2bestepmum's picture

and my fiance pays $425/mo in child support, for 1 child. We have SD the majority of the time, and 2 weeks ago she was dropped off "indefinitely", and it looks like bio mom expects him to continue to pay her bills while SD stays with us... for however long it takes her to "find herself". It is frustrating that we'd be paying anything, especially when BM openly talks about funding a trip to Vegas in Sept but can't pay her bills (the FEW bills that she does have) or can't a new car seat for SD.

I also have a child from a previous relationship. August of 08 an order for child support was written up, for $400 a mo based on his income at the time. I have her in my care full time. I have seen one payment since then.