You are here

How do you make yourself not care?

OptimisticMe's picture

I seriously need to find a way to stop caring about how everyone views me. My RAD SD12 is now living with her grandparents...I thought that would make my life so much easier. But knowing my inlaws are constantly disrespecting me is driving me nuts! Now I really don't care what they think about me (not much anyways)...we are on different wavelengths and if they don't like me, oh well. But the fact that I am disrespected and they let SD talk about how she hates me and call me curse words in their presence and they do NOTHING about it (actually they reinforce the bad behavior by doing things like eating outside with her after I told her to leave), it just kills me.

They disrespect me left and right. I feel like they act super nice to my face to try to blind me from what they do behind my back. They even brought SD who isn't allowed unsupervised at my house over while we were on vacation and let her go through my closets to find 2 dresses she didn't have permission to take...she steals from me and they just let her go snooping through my closets!

Since they don't respect our wishes, I told DH if they ever come onto our property again I will call the police. I just can't stop thinking about how angry I am! I wish I could just let it all go.