You are here

How do I cope?

Bmyoung's picture

Just married 4 months ago. And am now expecting my first. Have two step boys that are great. But as soon as we got married BM filed to change our 50-50 custody to every other weekend. She had no issues prior to the wedding and even in her court papers all she does is complain about me and us being married. She sounds like a bitter ex wife. Telling all these lies about my husband being a "play" dad when we spend hours with them doing homework and have a strict household when it comes to respect and tv/video games. I just can't help but be consumed by this custody battle. I'm here to support my husband and our attorney thinks we will be fine since she has no grounds to take time away from him. I knew what I was getting into when I married my husband but their old agreement was working fine and we had no problems. How do I cope with this stress?

steppinout's picture

I don't know but I'm anxious to hear. Try to focus on your baby and taking care of yourself. Congratulations on your first baby! I know I was exhausted esp in the beginning of pregnancy so maybe take a nap when you start to stress about it. Focus on preparing for your new baby. As far as I know all you cab do is sit back watch and wait.

I think they do this because they hate to see us happy and enjoying life. If only they could focus on their own lives

kathc's picture

She's doing it to punish him for getting married. Very common. Hopefully the judge will see through it and deny her. Document everything--all the time you spend doing homework, activities, etc with kids, what goes on in your home, any trouble she causes...be prepared to counter her crazy with facts.

Bmyoung's picture

I've felt the same that she is trying to punish him. The craziest part is that she had an affair and she wanted the divorce. But since the man she had the affair with didn't leave his wife she has been alone. She has created this pitiful world for herself.

1niccolo's picture

we should have documented everything. Seems like she is jealous that he has moved on; maybe she hasn't. Pretty typical I know when we got married bm hasn't sent her to us since. FOCUS on you and your baby. Let him deal with his own ex. I know how tough that can be maybe try some yoga or meditation to clear your thoughts and calm your body and soul.