You are here

How do I collect the child support?

Z's picture

My ex has never paid child support in the year plus that we've been divorced. We have three children and he was scheduled to claim 2 this year and I only one but when I did my taxes it was more advantageous for me to claim two. He agreed in exchange for $1000 which he said he would give back to me as child support. But since he had never paid before I never found out how I am supposed to collect it from the state. We live in Arizona. Any ideas? I need that money and am worried that it will get stuck in an account somewhere. Any information would help.

Z's picture

He is willing to pay me at least the $1000 that I am giving him from the tax return that I received. I am just worried that it will sit in the account. What do I need to do in order to get it once he pays the CS agency? I have heard that you can get a debit card but it can take weeks. Do they automatically send you a check?

Pantera's picture

In my state a check is automatically sent. You can also set up an account online to see if payments are being made and when the checks are being sent.

stormabruin's picture

DH & BM agreed to work outside of Child Support Services when he was ordered to pay CS. When they split the first time they started taking the money out of DH's paycheck as soon as it was ordered, but it took CSS 6 weeks to get ANY of the money to BM. She, in turn, sold a crap-load of DH's tools his dad had willed to him saying she needed the money. This time, they agreed to just have his employer take it out of his paycheck & send it directly to BM.