You are here

Has the IRS ever called your employer about you?

smurfy1smile's picture

Someone claiming to be from the IRS called BF's work this week wanting his employment records. Caller gave the company owner his name and badge number. What is strange is that he called on the owners cell phone. Anyway, boss told caller to fax him the docs and nothing was ever faxed. Does this sound a little odd or is it just me? His taxes were filed a couple of weeks ago but BF has not recieved his federal refund yet but that could just be cause he owned a business last year but did not do the taxes for it. He won't owe anything and his accountant has not done anything with it so far.

I am thinking BM had a friend call to try to see what BF's income is now. All she has to do is ask and BF would give her the info. Unlike her who lies and try to act like she has no idea what the decutions from her paycheck are ie health insurance.

Most Evil's picture

Unfortunately DH has been garnished before and was notified in writing. We were trying to think if anyone called but any of his IRS dealings have been in an official letter.

Plus when I have worked in personnel for companies they notify you of garnishments in an official written notice also.

So I am glad the owner thought to ask them to fax over the documents. Usually if a call is fake that puts an end to it (a little admin trick).

That whole insurance business she is trying is ridiculous too! that made me so mad for you

"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer." -Albert Camus

smurfy1smile's picture

If its not in writing its just not the IRS.

ColorMeGone2's picture

Because if he's not from the IRS, I would so be pressing charges.

♥ Georgia ♥

"Good men don't just happen. They have to be created by us women." (from ROSEANNE)

smurfy1smile's picture

The IRS did fax my BF's work wanting his employment info. He had his own business part of last year and I am guessing they were wondering why he has a job now.

Thank god it was legit.