You are here

Government Searching for Fraudulent BM - Light(er) Rant

pinkb's picture

Good morning, all! I'm thinking off all the fine people out here someone has probably encountered a similar situation before.

My SS21's BM has been scamming the government for years. She and my husband have been divorced for 15 years. He and I have been married for 5. Over the years (that I know of) she has collected on unemployment, food stamps for herself, and food stamps for her child when she didn't have custody or visitation. I first learned about this when Child Services showed up at my house to ask where my SS lived (he lived with us full time) and the gentleman asked me how often he slept at our house. I answered "always" (which was true). I have no idea the true extent of her shenanigans.

Four years ago we moved far away and the kid followed suit shortly after. We paid for his pricey education and all of his living expenses as long as I have known him (at 15yo). His mother shows up with expensive gifts and trips now and again but that's it.

Her mail (largely collection notices and most recently a notice that she is being prosecuted for collecting disability and/or unemployment fraudulently) has started showing up at our house 3200 miles away! I realize that this is probably just a jumble up in how creditors pretty much touch every person/address that they can to find someone that owes money, but I can't help the smoke coming out of my ears every time one of these letters comes as a constant reminder of the ridiculous amount of money I have paid for the quality of life of her son and my tax dollars are ALSO fraudulently financing her lifestyle as well.

I don't know where she lives or I would get on the USPS site and forward her mail. Though, right now I am tempted to forward it to Santa Claus at the North Pole.

SM12's picture

I moved away 6 years ago and sold the home my XH and I lived it. I will still get mail for my XH at my new home. He has never lived in this house, never lived in this town or county. I also get collection calls for my XSD. I have been divorced over 10 years and haven't spoken to her in years. Not sure why but I still get those calls.