You are here

The fog has lifted

young_stepmomma25's picture

I'm in a good mood today & it may come across as mean but last night my no having backbone of a husband finally grew a pair & found out about his darling daughter's second life. She kept being overly sweet towards daddy & even manipulated him several times into thinking she was an innocent little sweetie pie. Well to our bewilderment, her own mother ratted her out. Her mom is living in Pennsylvania with another family (long story short, a deadbeat mom) & had SD15 as a friend on Facebook. Mistake number 1. Her mother texts her father saying she was posting sexual things on there and she needed to take it down. When she texted him, it was weird because she actually gave a damn to even warn him. It was an actual first. Anywho, he ended up confiscating her precious IPhone & saw every nasty little photo & video in her phone, now she's on a social "lockdown". No phone, no going outside, nothing, until she earns his trust back. It was well overdue. She has been rude & acting "grown" ever since she got the phone (thanks to her grandfather) and now I'm glad her father actually see how she really was. Am I wrong for this feeling of relief? Like, I'm actually glad she's In trouble. Its sad I know. Now let's see how long Daddy keeps his word with her punishment.

Disneyfan's picture

Please tell me dad knows she opened a new account that is locked tight as soon as she got to school or got her hands on a friend's phone.

Well nope. But as soon as she came home he went through the dramatics with her again & got the account fully closed from the email she signed up with.

Disneyfan's picture

The likelihood of any of the sort happening: Zilch. No wars, just a sudden rush of relief that Daddy actually saw what I've been seeing for too long; even after I warned him of what was going to happen when he gave her too much room or freedom. I needed him to gain some sense of control in the household because for one; his daughter has been walking all over him & taken his lack of backbone for granted & two; every time I tried to tell him what might be going on, he seemed a bit naive.

lintini's picture

"Now let's see how long Daddy keeps his word with her punishment."

That's the real question. SS13 didn't get anything done to him for punishment after stealing 6k$ from his mom. That lasted one weekend at our house with no tablet and had to dig up some grass in the backyard , then level some dirt which he was doing wrong and just digging holes and DH had to be out there to supervise anyways. He made 40$ for doing something he would have already been doing and did a piss poor job.

Well my purse is now locked in my bedroom and DH better not act surprised when this thief didn't learn a lesson.

Rags's picture

You are a responsible and reasonable parent. How can that be wrong? Hint: It isn't wrong.

DH needs to keep his foot up her butt until she gains clarity or launches is three years whichever comes first.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.