You are here

Fear of SKids behavior

JoannaBelle's picture

A little background we used to be 50/50 joint custody for a few years until Feb of this year. My husbands mother sister and ex are all best friends despite the ex cheating on him and being openly involved with multiple “friends” as she introduces every man that goes to her home to the kids. The SKids were always with the grandma and aunt from birth because my husband used to live his mom the ex and kids for the duration of that relationship.The grandma and aunt have raised them since birth. To the point one of the twins when we met at age 5 used to ask us if his aunt was his mother. My MIL and SIL never allowed my husband to discipline them the way he saw fit. The MIL and SIL have always interfered in parenting of the twins. They’re interfer eve is so excessive that they practically have them everyday when they are with the ex (custody schedule). The ex don’t have to worry about paying a cent in child care entertainment or food because MIL and SIL spoil these kids beyond words without ever having them earn a thing. The ex took my husband to court saying he was a child abuser for disciplining them at our home for asking them to clean up after themselves to take on a chore clean their room. My husband told them in order for them to receive they had to earn first. The SKids hated this idea and cried complained denied refused to come to our home because of his rules. Now she has 80/20 custody with the twins because of my MIL and SIL who took them over and are majorly responsible for them for everything while the ex collects child support for herself. The ex even claims she deserves more child support and needs more and more money so we are going back to court again! We have 2 toddlers together and it’s not fair that we try to provide and give them a decent life while the twins feast on the child support. It’s highly stressful. Worst part is recently one of the towns has been more aggressive than usual he’s 10 and doesn’t take discipline well at all he’s very challenging. I’m starting not to feel our toddlers are safe when he’s here. He claims he gets bullied while he’s the one name calling kids at school and starting the fights. I don’t want to get in to it at all I let my husband deal with them. The ex has been so I don’t need her going off on me as well on a regular. The ex says this same child threatens against his life tries to suffocate himself in bed and has a horrible attitude anywhere he is at. The ex suffered from mental illness herself and was suicidal it may be genetic. Can’t stand that the ex writes my husband nasty messages about him not being involved while at the same time she took them away from him to collect more child support and turn them against him. The ex threatens my husband to not give any advice to this child because he’s not qualified too unless he’s in therapy too. Then ex says that if something worse happens to him my husband is responsible and blah blah. Feel like idk what to do when he comes over or how to handle this problem. Any suggestions?

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

Get the kids in therapy and get nanny cams installed in every neutral place in your home. Speak with the teachers about documenting the behavior they observe. And keep every message that she sends to him in written form as proof.

Your in for an uphill battle. Unless the court will transfer the kids completely to your care (unlikely) you need to be more worried about protecting your home from them and any allegations they decide to make. Be prepared for court involvement.

JoannaBelle's picture

Forgot to mention my husband offered to take them back to 50/50 to be around them more to help with his behavior. The EX said she would never do that. We know it’s for the money she gets that she won’t. Upon all this control what can one do?