You are here

Damn Snow White!

ish's picture

Lately SD4 has started going on about wicked stepmothers a lot, quoting from Snow White and Cinderella. She also says that when FDH and I get married next year, I will be her stepmum. I don't make a big deal of this and tell her really everything will be the same, but no doubt she is getting weirding from BM over this who is no doubt bitter because FDH never wanted to marry her...
SD actually loves me so not too worried, but does anyone know of any books/films for a very smart 4 year old that show step mums as normal, lovely people not evil, scheming bitches. It just makes me sick! Any ideas appreciated...

Halo_Horns's picture

Sadly if you google "childrens stories of good stepmoms" nothing comes up! If you believe in a high power you might want to check out a "christian" bookstore.

thefunmommy's picture

Phineas and Ferb is a step-family TV show. Nanny McPhee has the maid marrying the dad and the kids are really happy about it

oilandwater's picture

Nanny McPhee??
Is there a Nanny McPhee 2? That show's what happens as they settle into married life?

Orange County Ca's picture

I am not aware of any "good" step-mothers.

If you find one please nominate her for a Nobel Peace Prize. There is a rumor of one in Oklahoma but its never been proven.

ish's picture

Thanks heaps! will follow all these leads. That's really interesting that in the original Grimm Bros story it was actually evil bio parents not steps...so much more convenient to blame the step mum. Wonder when step mothers became an international scapegoat...