You are here

Christmas spirit?

ocs's picture

Another post on Christmas presents had me thinking...

When your skids come for Xmas, do they come empty handed? Or a card? Something for the ncp? (I don't mean the step parent, I mean the parent they see EOWE)

Just curious- I've NEVER seen SD15 bring anything for her dad or grandparents. (They do so much for her) I mean- even a hand drawn card? NOTHING.

I know its up to her guapo BM to teach her these things, but at 15??

I stress the hand drawn thing because she is a gifted artist and DH foots the bill for her special arts school on top of CS.

Calypso1977's picture

SD14 usually comes with something, but its never wrapped. she literally hands the shopping bag to her father.

onebright1's picture

Once, last Christmas 2ndOSD got SO,Me and my BD a small gift. It was much appreciated. She was/is the only one of the 3 older sgirls I cared for.
The younger 2 stwins are wormin their way in a bit now Wink but I am keeping them at arms length. Close enough to pet but not hug. Dont wanna get burned Smile

abugandabean's picture

This bothers me because my steps do it too. They never get their Dad anything for Christmas, Fathers Day, his birthday etc. They aren't really greedy though - don't get me wrong they ask for things, they are very entitled due to their mother but when we tell them no, no means no, and they don't get bratty about it.

I just wish though they'd bring him a card even if they made it out of computer paper and a pen I don't care something so that it looks like they even considered him for the holidays.

I have trouble spending a lot on them during the holidays just for this reason. My bios understand our true meaning of Christmas, we aren't very religious however they do understand that meaning, but OUR meaning of giving to others and doing for others all year not just this time of year. My son asked for a gift from Santa for himself, for his sister, for me, and for DH. He also has asked several times what he can get for DH and I know he's asked DH what he can get for me and he's only 5. He wants to give and I also take both of my bios shopping every year for their bio Dad. We agreed to this in advanced and we only spend 20 dollars total but it makes them feel good to be able to pick out something for their Dad.

It is just such a shame that my step kids do nothing for their Dad when they are treated so well. All and all I don't have many complaints about my older step kids but they do have jobs and they shower their significant others with lavish gifts and can't even conjure up a card for their Dad. Sad

hereiam's picture

Nope, and she's 23. She will come over sometime in Dec or Jan, specifically to pick up gifts from us (for her and her 2 kids) and she will not even bring a card.

hereiam's picture

We do not give her expensive gifts anymore, just a little something that costs twenty bucks or so.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

The only thing the skids bring is the expectation of getting stuff. They never give him a birthday or Father's day card or even bother to call. Little sh#ts.

kwok's picture

The only thing DH has ever gotten off SS is a Father's Day card and that's just because the school gets all the kids to make them. Nothing on birthdays or Xmas. One Xmas years ago I decided to get something for SS to give to his dad, never again. Not only was he ungrateful for the gesture but he turned his nose up at what I'd bought. I'll never do that again. It wouldn't even occur to him to get anything for anybody he's so selfish. It's all about what he wants. He's never shown any interest in Xmas except for what he's gonna get. When I was a kid we'd get excited about the spirit of Xmas, not just the gifts but the whole thing, the decorations, the food, playing in the snow, putting up the tree, being with family, giving and not just receiving. Sad.

ocs's picture

unreal isn't it? I mean the selfishness in these kids is unbelievable.

In the past, DH has put off decorating the house, putting up tree etc.. waiting for SD to decide to grace us with her presence. Now, I do it when I want to, and DH is fully on board.

Even now, its been a month since he's seen her and wouldn't you know??? That was her birthday?? He hasn't even spoken her name.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Gracefulsilver's picture

OMG, she never buy her dad a single thing and never even gives him a hand drawn card.  This girl won't even come over for cake and ice cream because it is not her birthday but someone else's.  Why would anyone expect her to acknowledge anyone should get a gift ever except for herself.

a88ie's picture

Yea the skid that comes here has never given his dad anything not fathers day. Birthday or anything but they still remember his. I just wish I could take control of his mind sometimes and give him bugger all. But then all over facebook saying praises to dad of the year step dad. I dont know how he deals with it personally lol

Siemprematahari's picture

My H's kids are now 27 & 28 years old and from all the years that I've been with H, I only recall his daughter getting him a gift for Christmas once and that was two years ago. I was shocked as it was something I've never witnessed before. 

sandye21's picture

Most times SD 'forgot' or brought some cheap oddment for DH and something she found in her cupboard for me.  The last Christmas she 'graced' us with her presence was 2010 when I received an outdated bottle of pancake syrup and a minute jar of jam she had made.  It was given to me in wrapping she 'found' in my closet.

Then, she had a super meltdown.  This forced me to find ST and my 'independence'.  I disengaged and banned her from my home until DH could inform her in front of me that she was to respect me as his wife.  Now it's to the point where i hope he never does!  LOL  LOL

Thisisnotus's picture

As a BM, I would not spend a single cent for my kids to buy their dad a gift.......his wife can do that. As a SM, I don't really want anything BM purchases in my house......and I can take skids to buy DH a gift.

Most 15 year olds don't have their own money.