You are here

BLOOD BOILING >>>>

stepwitch's picture

Hey yall, last night was sitting in my recliner reading the newspaper and I asked DH if he had talked to SD, he said yes, I called her when I was on the way to pick up dinner. I said, and .. he said he talked to her for about 30 sec, told her that she had mail here she needed to pick up and asked her if she had filed her taxes yet, because she had tax info from her college here. I said, and.. She told him that she had class today and would try to come by and get it or just leave it at granmothers house!! MY BLOOD BOILED, and heart rate went up !!

I asked him what time she was coming, so I could be gone. I think that he got alittle offended that I was getting mad. Phone conversation lasting 30 sec. what am I thinking? She's not here anymore, everything is going well, why am I letting her get to me like that? 1. I do not want her in my home.
2. I can't stand the thought of her let alone the sight of her. 3. Why does he care that she has mail here, hey, she's 18 and she should have realized that she hasn't got her bank statement, she should have called her father, not the otherway around.

I told him do not to expect me to be nice to her. DH wanted to know why I was getting mad. I told him that I was DONE with her, that she doesn't even EXIST to me. He told me that he would take her mail to her grandmothers to pick it up. I would gladly put a damn stamp on an envelope, but yeah, we don't have the address that she lives at !

ColorMeGone2's picture

You take the mail. You line out your address. Do not line out her name, just your address. Then you write on the envelope:

Forward to: Insert SD Name Here
C/o Insert Grandma's Name Here
Insert Grandma's Street Address Here
Insert Grandma's City/State/Zip Here

Put the envelope back in the mailbox and your mailman will pick it up the next day and it will be re-delivered to Grandma's house. No stamp required.

There's also a form you can fill out at the post office to request that mail only for actual residents be delivered to your home and you can specify who can receive mail there and who cannot. That's how I stopped getting mail for the ex-wife delivered to our house "by mistake." You can also write a note on the envelope that this person does not live at this address and the post office will return it to the sender as undeliverable.

♥ Georgia ♥

"Good men don't just happen. They have to be created by us women." (from ROSEANNE)

Sarah101's picture

I am dealing with the same situation--a SD24 who was kicked out of our home but refuses to file a change-of-address with the USPS. She uses the "mail" excuse to drop by unannounced, which ticks me off to no end. I am sick of sorting out her collection notices--c'mon, she's been out two months already!

I've repeatedly asked DH to file the address change for the stupid girl because apparently she's too dumb to do it herself. He hasn't "gotten around to it" yet.

I'll file the forms with the USPS tomorrow so her mail no longer pollutes our box. Thanks for the great info!

justbdais's picture

Had a similiar issue with BF and his ex. Ex wouldn't change her address, even had new bills showing up. She used the mail excuse to come over anytime, check our mailbox, come into the house, or just to talk to BF. We both got tired of it and from that point on I would write return to sender on the envelopes until the companies called her saying they had received the bills back and needed a new address. She was really pissed but hey she learned.