You are here

That awkward moment when...

worst_stepmom_ever's picture

Your half brother's BM, whom you've met ONCE since you lived 1000s of miles apart growing up, and you've heard still obsesses over your father sends you a friend request on Facebook.

...for the second or third time.

Just in case anyone thought that crazy BMs change/go away when the kids become adults, they don't! I'm in my late 20s and my half brother is in his mid/late 30s! I have met this woman ONCE. My dad paid a ridiculous amount of CS that never went to benefit my brother, and she still has the NERVE every now and again to ask my dad for money! (To which the answer is always NO) Even my brother knows his mom is a nut!

Jsmom's picture

Nosy ladies, they just want to know everything. For me, it was BM's Stepsister. I friended her, because she was friends with DH. Didn't want to be rude. Different last names. He said he went to HS with her. She commented on everything. Finally, I asked him who she was and he said BM's Step sister, she and I went to school together and were good friends and that is how he met BM. Yeah, let's just say he got reamed a new one and was told to delete her and I did too. He knows, not to friend anyone related to his ex.

I still wonder if the lady knows why she was unfriended by both of us. I so want to tell her because she is related to the witch who has made our lives hell. Nothing personal, but I don't want crazy knowing my life anymore than necessary.

step off already's picture

Reminds me of my Father's ex wife. She was married to him for about a year and left when she was pregnant with their child. She kept the child away from him forever and was always jealous that my dad moved on and was then married for 25 years.

She friend requests me, sending me pictures of her son (my half brother who is in his 30s) and pictures of his kids. She'll tag me in millions of photos she posts of them. She would do the same with my Dad. She went off of FB for a while and then I saw her new friend request and hit "ingore".

She used to drive my SM crazy too,.

Teas83's picture

This disturbs me because it would be the same as my SD's BM trying to contact my DD 25 years from now. And that would scare the crap out of me because that woman is evil.

You have no relation to her. It's kind of crazy she's doing this. Just because you're her son's sister, it doesn't mean she should have anything to do with you.

worst_stepmom_ever's picture

I haven't blocked her since my FB is pretty locked down and she sends me friend requests out of the blue every 6-8 months or so, so it's not constant or anything. My family just laughs and shakes their heads since she's so pathetic.

My half brother and I have become close, no thanks to his mom. We weren't close growing up because of the age gap and because he resented me and my younger brother for a long time because his mom convinced him that my dad loved us more than him since we lived a comfortable life and he had a very hard life, which he now realizes was entirely because of his mother. Because I had my DD at 20, we actually have kids that are the same age now and it's a lot easier to look at each other as equals than when he was 16 and I was 8. Ironically, I'm much closer to him than I am with my younger brother!

Since she can't leech off my dad anymore, the BM now feels like my brother, her SON, owes her something. She is trying to demand that he move her to where my family lives currently. My older brother and his family are moving here to be closer to us and we think it'll be great for our kids, but no one, including him, wants his mom out here! She is really just an old bitter hag.

Siemprematahari's picture

Your half brothers mother sounds toxic. I wouldn't want her anywhere around me and mine. I'm glad your brother has learned on his own what the real deal is when it comes to both his mother and father. So sad that she created such a wedge between them but glad you both have a closer relationship now. You both are grown there is no need to even interact with her.

Bex_S's picture

My SD's mum is like that. All SD needs to do is fart and BM has it all over Facebook, tagging me, DH's first son by his first wife along with all of DH's family members who she has on Facebook. She even tags MY mum in things sometimes (my mum was foolishly too polite to decline her friend request). She's such a fucking freak. I swear that woman lives her life and her motherhood through that fucking website; painting a picture of the perfect family life on there, when really her and her life is a fucking mess, and her spawn is a complete brat. At least DH's first wife doesn't have to deal with that piece of shit anymore now her son (my SS) is grown up, and he couldn't get far enough away from her either now she's his ex-step mother. Now it's my turn to deal with her shit until SD grows up, and then I can be rid of both her and SD. She's way too forward with my son that I have with DH, getting WAY too invested in him and watching him grow, like he's her fucking nephew or something. It's so creepy. It seemed nice at first, not having BM resent the new child and cause trouble, but now it just freaks me out. She wants to hold him and won't give him back when picking up or dropping off SD. She 'jokingly' tells me how to parent my son like an interfering in-law would do. Makes me fucking sick. She tries to behave like we're one big happy family like she's my sister or something, when a matter of hours before, she could have been yelling down the phone at my husband calling him a deadbeat dad and calling me a cunt because I refused to drag my son on the 50 mile round trip to pick up the step brat. She's so fucked in the head. God knows why my husband got with her in the first place, never mind breed with the bitch. Now we have a mini version of her running around and have to attempt to raise to be a vaguely functional human.

Tryingtomakeitwork's picture

and it won't stop.  That's her MO.  If her friend requests really bother you, block her - then, she can't send you friend requests.