You are here

Any advice for a struggling new stepmom?

SilverPetra's picture

when SDBitchPrincess12 is here. SS11 has only been a bit tricky, but has a double incontinence issue, so that has been trying. He is, however, much more open to me and I think we will grow stronger.

I moved from UK to US, left everything, and am miserable most of the time. Never wanted my own kids and am sick of SD's mini-wife behaviour. She goes to be spoilt by the grandparents, but the SS is always inside. They both bring friends here instead of visiting them and only rarely play outside. A cousin keeps coming for sleep overs, which is lovely until they all fall out. I'm waiting for a work visa, desperately.

I've become the full-time carer. Never wanted children. Am resented by the SD and I hate her, tbh. She is constantly creating drama and making unflattering or downright nasty remarks.
Her BM (my wife) knows she is a nightmare but hasn't put the work in with her over the years, allowing her to be spoilt by outsiders and grandparents leading to this awful behaviour, and I'm getting the worst of it. It is very hard to bite my tongue with her.

BD (rarely involved and gives zero financial support to his children) has recently been diagnosed HIV positiv; he is also gay, but doesn't tell the kids, because he prefers to be loved without SDBQ12's judgement. SDBP12 is religious and openly vitriolic about having two women kissing on the lips (very, very briefly and rarely). Grandparents are of the same religion but are handling me very kindly.

I've just installed a lock on the bedroom door, but BQ12 loves wandering in because she knows it annoys me.

I miss my old freedom. The dog is the only thing keeping me sane.

Help.