You are here

Accentuate the Positive

sm smayjay's picture

Smile

It'd be great to see a section that emphasizes the positive parts of step-parenting! I need some hope!

ncgal1980's picture

My positive is that the little brats go back to BM every other week and I get some time with DH. That's...well, that's about it.

Sparklelady's picture

Second marriages, when you've really learned from your mistakes in the first marriage, can be blissful! So my life now is really pretty amazing with a man who knows how to be a great husband and I'm a much better wife with him than I ever knew I could be. We really are a team in all this - something I find is crucial to success.

We have no contact with the problem creators (BM for both of us and SD17 for me) in our world anymore.

Plus, we have 50% of our time completely child free Smile and that's a huge plus.

There's plenty of good out there, just don't see much here Smile

askYOURdad's picture

My skids along with bios are still young, so there are a lot of positives in that regard. So far, I think the most positive has been seeing progress (even though a lot of times it's one step forward two steps back)

tabby yabba do's picture

When I was single, it was just DD11 and me (didn't introduce her to any dates, BFs or BFs kids). I loved planning fun things for us to do and we traveled alot to visit her siblings (DD25, DS23, who live in a warm state). Life was good.

But my DD11 was sort of lonely. She always commented she wanted "a little sister." Begged me to have a baby. lol - never gonna happen!

Then I met DH who had two girls of his own, similar in age, and here we are. By and large our girls get along really well.

The skids have become the DD11s sisters in many senses of the word (including the highly desired "little sister" DD11 begged for for years!) I remind myself of this, and treasure it, in moments I daydream about giving the skids away. Smile

HappilySelfish679's picture

Thinking very hard about something positive and can't come up with much... I am pretty much disengaged from SKIDS so EOW I am pretty much on my own and can pursue my own stuff, running, diving, going to beach all day... that's kind of positive but would love to share this with DH but he is running kids all over the place on weekends ( birthday parties, soccer, gymnastics meets ) so I am basically single EOW.