OT most frustrating job experience ever!
And I haven't even started yet...and won't be as I told them to poke it!
This company offered me the job on the 9th of June. Since then I have basically had to assist the manager at doing a small portion of her job. So far, this is what has happened:
- I provided her with two job references. She emailed me herself confirming that she has these job references.
- One week later, she asks me to follow up on obtaining one of the job references. I had to forward her own email and said you already have both of my job references.
- She emails back basically oops so sorry, she has 15 other people to follow up on job references and can't keep up. She has lost mine and will go find it (!!)
- Emails me again saying she has found it. (Good job bumblehead, let me give you a gold star)
- Finally notices that I don't have 3 years of job references in this country so I need a personal letter of reference. In her words, this letter only needs to have a signature on it.
- Sends a letter containing exactly that. Emails me back saying the letter also needs to contain the person's contact details as well. (Keep in mind she's now read this letter and knows who it's from).
- Send off letter containing signature and contact details. Emails me back saying the letter cannot be from a family member. Might've been helpful to tell me that the FIRST time you read the letter.
- I send a letter of reference that is NOT a family member, contains a lovely signature and contact details.
- She emails me a week ago CONFIRMING she has received personal letter of reference and that head office confirmed the letter is acceptable to use. Lovely.
- She emails me this morning asking "How's it going in obtaining that personal letter of reference I still need from you?"
- I email her back saying you have the letter. I sent it days ago. You confirmed to me in an email saying you have the letter and it also contains the email from head office saying the letter is acceptable.
I told her that if this is a prelude of things to come, I am no longer interested in taking this job and thank you very much but get stuffed. THEN she emails me back giving me another load of excuses how following up for references on 20 future employees is so hard but she promises this is not how things normally operate and I could start tomorrow if I still wanted to.
Darlin' I would have to be desperate and starving before starting with your nightmare circus. If you can't keep up with chasing 20 future employees, you aren't keeping up with the existing employees...or much else I would imagine.
I have never experienced anything so utterly ridiculous in the 25 years I've been working!