You are here

Will she screw up?

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

SD15 suddenly decided that she wants to spend the rest of the week at BM's! This after a cryptic message on her social media "15 years...tired of the bullsh*t...stop acting like you care". Don't know who that was directed to. Me? DH? BM? Who knows! She posted it Sunday evening after she was picked up from BM's. There was no drama Sunday afternoon...DH told her to clean her room, and when DH noted that there were no more water bottles (and we forgot them at the store), I pointed out all the water bottles around SD15's room that only had like two drinks taken out of them (seriously...there were like 10 of them...she gets one, takes a couple of drinks, and then gets a new one...total waste...she should just drink tap water, as I buy the water bottles for DH so he can have them with him while he is driving around town for work).

I know it is wrong, but part of me is hoping she screws up while at BM's. DH needs a wake up call. Her attitude lately has been worse than normal...she has been treating him like super crap instead of just crap. She is supposed to come home Friday evening, since this weekend is Father's day. This worries me, because I have a seminar I need to attend Saturday and Sunday. I know SD15 all too well...she will claim she is bored and try to sweet talk dear daddy into going shopping, which without me around to say "no", he may just do! I'll have to watch the bank account all day from my phone. I need to make it perfectly clear Friday night that there is NOT any extra spending money (there is, but it is from my paycheck...DH has no spending money...and I'll be darned if my money is going to fund anything extra for SD15 any more). I'll make it clear that SD15 needs to spend the time cleaning her room. Only saving grace I have is that DH is oncall, and he usually gets stuck working some problem all weekend when he is oncall. So, he won't want to venture away from the house.

I'm suspicious of SD15's suddenly wanting to go to BM's. She claims it is to spend time with her mom, since she won't be going this weekend because of Father's Day; however, SD15 has never had an issue with missing 2-3 weekend in a row in the past. Personally, I think it is more that she wants to go hang out with friends...friends mind you that help get her pot and stuff. It will not surprise me one bit if she screws up!

Calypso1977's picture

omg, what is up with the water bottles?

SD13 and her cousin (10) do this at their grandparents. Such a waste! Of course, teh grandparents let them have free reign of their cabinets and fridge.

I bought some bottles last week only because htey were on sale (usually we buy the larger jugs and fill our reusables). I specifically told my fiance that SD wasnt allowed to drink them because of the waste. Mercifully he agreed.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Because I pay all the bills on Friday, they will sometimes trickle in on the weekend...not fully post, but the computers will hit for the transfer, and if the money isn't there, then the payment won't go through and I will need to resubmit, and maybe get charged a penalty. I'll just tell DH flat out that they cannot go shopping when I'm at the seminar! I'll point out that SD15 needs to clean her room. Of course, if she does something stupid the next few days (which there is still a high probability), he will be too ticked off at her to want to do anything for her! I plan on doing the grocery shopping on Friday night, and will make sure they have easy things to eat, so there will go the need to go out. Wink

But when I'm not around, SD15 tries to really manipulate DH. Oh, the cat's away...so to speak.

Accordn2L's picture

This is exactly why I won't do joint checking accounts. I pay my half of the bills and he pays his half. What is leftover in my account is mine and his is his. That is one thing we don't have to fight about, if we had to fight about money on top of the skid I don't know if we would have lasted this long.