You are here

Total Tranformation system??

cpreston's picture

Hi, I am the bio-mom of a tween who has been acting up towards my husband (her step-dad) lately.

I bought the Total Transformation on e-bay this week and am awaiting it's arrival

Has anyone here used this system for their kids? I understand that it is geared towards teens and the specific type of behaivor issues that we've been having

Auteur's picture

I heard the commercials and it sounds like someone figured out a way to get PAID to teach the failed "self esteem" generation how to parent TRADITIONALLY (aka consequences for actions)

Seems like a whole generation of (non) parents rejected THEIR parents and grandparents ways of raising children which had worked for hundreds of years. So now we have the mess of entitled, "generation me" twenty somethings as a result.

branmuffin97's picture

I have heard nothing good about it. I have a collection of friends that are in the field of child development/teaching, are foster parents, minsters or successful parents and I get a lot of feedback on child rearing issues and such. I'm with Auteur..it seems to be a way to train parents to coddle kids and manipulate kids into mirroring parents desires...and not actually train up self controlled individuals with basic ethics and values and the will to live by them.

I'm not big on parenting books. There are only three that I have seen that I would suggest. Two have the same authors...Siblings without Rivalry and How to Talk so Kids will Listen,HOw to listen so kids will talk. The last one is The Manipulative Child. The third is my general favorite...I can't promote it enough. It bursts the whole "self esteem" bubble when it comes to kids...points out how we are raising a victimized society..etc. Fantastic book...but it squarely tells you how you've been played by manipulative kids and how you are the solution. Great stuff! And you can borrow it for free from the library,lol.

ctnmom's picture

When will the media and people in general learn that self esteem doesn't come from praise, it comes from helping other people! There is a big difference between SELF CONFIDENCE and SELF ESTEEM. Self esteem comes from being "selfless", the inner feeling that you've made a difference. The concept of self esteem has been soooo twisted around.