You are here

Priorities!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Yesterday, I reminded DH that SheSloth needed $60 so he could get it on his way home. I didn't do it so she could get the money, I did it to let him see how much money the girl actually thought she "needed" all the time! DH wasn't thinking it through this week when SheSloth said that she NEEDED $30 for makeup today...that it was mandatory that all the girls in guard had to buy this makeup kit that was being offered with their makeup tutorial next week. Yeah, right...the guard coach cannot demand that the girls buy any particular brand of makeup from any particular source, so we all know that is a bunch of bull...but SheSloth likes to throw around "mandatory" these days to get around being told no! And anyone who has ever seen SheSloth's room would know that more makeup is the LAST thing that she needs!

So, you can tell DH was bugged by this...$60!!! I broke it down for him (making sure that he could hear in my tone that I was not happy about it)..."$30 for MAKEUP, $10 for junk tomorrow night (supposed to be for FOOD, but we all know that SheSloth doesn't eat real food), and $20 for junk on Saturday!" DH didn't sound happy about it. Then I told him, "And if she gives you any flack about chores, be sure to remind her!" That at least got an affirmative out of him!

So after we get home from the gym last night, it is obvious that SheSloth had ramen noodles...obvious because there were broken pieces of noodles all over the counter, and noodles in the drain screen of the sink. When told to clean up her mess in the kitchen, SheSloth's response is naturally "what mess"! As she is cleaning, DH asks SheSloth what day it is. She says it is Thursday. He counters with, "Well, what does that mean?" First thing out of SheSloth's mouth, "Oh, I need money for tomorrow!!" DH just looks at her..."Really, that is all?" SheSloth looks at him dumbfounded. At that moment, I couldn't resist..."Oh, she can remember money, but she can't remember her chores to EARN that money." (Queue evil SheSloth look here) DH then has to remind SheSloth yet AGAIN that the trash needs to go out to the curb every Thursday night, as the trash pickup is early in the morning! I mean seriously...the trash day has been the same for the last 10 years! SheSloth has lived with us most of the last 2 years, and this has been her one job the entire time, and she can't seem to put together Thursday means the trash can goes to the curb? She can remember things that are to HER benefit, but not this! (Queue stomping around to take the trash out)

Oh, she doesn't get paid cash for taking out the trash! Girl still hasn't worked off over $200 worth of makeup from about a year ago...and there is all the other stuff she has bugged for since then. Basically, she has been told because of all the things she "needs" she needs to do things without being told to do them. The trash and the bathroom she uses are her only real chores...and one of those is not really something she should get paid for because it is her own mess she is cleaning! Everyone in the house is expected to clean after themselves.

joe376's picture

My SS13's one regular chore is taking the trash out on Thursday nights.... Of course, he never remembers either and he has to just be told to do it every time. I bet at least you dont have to witness the ridiculousness that Im often forced to witness... Well, most of the time I leave the room so I dont have to watch the circus that is SS13 wrestling with the trash can and bag, tying the bag and hauling it out to the can, all ONE handed because he cant seem to lay his Youtube viewing device down for 5 minutes to get the job done..... The work ethic force is definitely NOT with this one....

I used to suggest that he could get this done in half the time if he would just put his phone down... Ignored, of course. The funny thing with SS13 is that I could offer to give him $20 to take the trash out and he would turn it down. I could offer $30 and he would turn it down and then.. I will just tell him to do it for free... WAHHHHHH!.... and after many times of this, he STILL doesnt get it... hahahahaha He is his deadbeat daddies son.

Sad thing is that the work ethic isn't there with a lot of them these days! These are truly the entitled...you should give me money just because I'm your kids...you are supposed to! They don't know any different. Everyone at school has the latest smartphones, hot clothes from the mall, whatever they want...and they should, too! I think it started with the whole "everyone is a winner" mentality...when they stopped giving out rewards for those who really tried and won at events, and started just giving everyone something for participating! Kids are being taught that they don't really need to work for anything...just show up!

I will never forget talking to one mom last year. She was talking about when her daughter was in little league softball. One of the coaches during a tournament came up to her and asked if she could pass out some ribbons to the kids sitting in the grass that didn't play. The mom said she just looked at the woman with a look of "you have got to be kidding me" and said, "Honey, I've come here to watch my daughter's team WIN! I will NOT go over there and give rewards to kids who have been sitting on their back sides all day not even participating!"

Rags's picture

"I forgot" was the closest SS came on a regular basis to having his life terminated and body dissolved in acid. "I forgot" instantly made me see red, pissed his mother off to no end, and initiated the planning of disposing of his body.

The only reason he survived the "I forgot" teen years is because his mom and I could never align on disposing of his body. One or the other of us would suggest "one more chance".

Good thing we waited. He actually turned out to be an outstanding young man of character.

We did often counter the "I forgot" years by forgetting to feed him or forgetting some very important kid event every once in a while. That would piss him off to no end but it would get the point across.

The best tool we had for reminding him that taking out the garbage was his responsibility was having him scrub the trash cans out with soap, water, and a very small scrub brush when he failed to take the garbage out on trash day. There is nothign like the sound of a kid wretching with his head in a big stinky trash dumpser scrubbing away to make a parent's heart sing. }:)

lintini's picture

Those guard girls have so much damn makeup and hairspray she could just share everything but mascara and be FINE! You would have had it so much easier if she was in the band, no makeup! Does she do winter-guard too so you have to deal with the makeup thing constantly?

To make you feel slightly better....my 11 year old cousin has CLINIQUE makeup.......yes........my aunt buys this spoiled little girl high end makeup. I would have bought her wet n wild brand personally.....

lintini's picture

Wet n Wild has improved greatly since I first started buying their nail polish and stuff years ago. But who could pass up cool nail colors for 99 cents!!?

@lintini...yes, she does have winter guard! And she thinks DH NEEDS to buy her a saber...though there isn't a saber line! They only do flags and rifles. I'm so dreading winter guard! The drama is already at an all time high! Supposedly, the captain tried to cut SheSloth's solo yesterday...you know...the useless solo that is just SheSlth waving her flag for 20 minutes that looks so out of place? SheSloth went crying to the coach who let her keep her "solo"!

Winter guard is worse! SheSloth thinks she is the only "dancer" on the guard! She spends the entire season putting everyone down and acting like she is better than they are! Last year, the drama got so bad she quit guard! Two weeks later, the band director made her go back to guard, because she doesn't play an instrument and she was just sitting in the band hall texting. It was a point in the semester she couldn't change schedules. So, she had to go back to guard, but couldn't have her spot back in the show. She said she would just work on her routine for officers' tryouts. Yeah, $70 costume and all, and she didn't make officer! And you know she will expect a new dress this year, though she only wore last year's costume once ever. I mean, can't possibly wear the same costume two years in a row!

lintini's picture

Well I can explain the saber "want". The saber line would consist of the most talented guard members if the school had one, she probably wants to show off or be ready if there was one ever created.

How come she only wore the costume once? Was it because she quit and just did one show? Do you have to pay for the silk flags too? It's a really large expense especially as it's year round with winterguard. Multiple costumes, multiple flags. And all the makeup!!! yaay!!!!! There was a reason I went into the brass section away from all the woodwind girls.....no drama. No way I would have ever touched guard with all their drama!!! It's really bad! And you know what is funny, it never gets much better with adults. I play in several semi professional groups and between this female oboe player and this female trombone player.....woooooooowza! They are both bat shit crazy!! They make rehearsal entertaining though lol.

The costumes and flags are provided by the school...comes out of band budget. No, the costume was a one-off that SheSloth had to have specifically for officers tryouts! "I want to show them how serious I am!" She begged DH for the costume, and was a last minute thing. DH originally told her no (because I was not buying it for her), but then got a work bonus. So $70 for the costume, and the cost of expedited shipping! Problem is, he set a precedence...so I'm certain she will ask again this year! I'll point out that she can wear last year's tryout costume, as it was only worn once. SheSloth will probably have some excuse...can't find it, doesn't fit, etc.

As for the saber, SheSloth thinks she is better than she is, do yeah...it is a "show off" thing...look at me! I'm certain she would poke her eye out! She is NOT the best on the guard! There are first year girls more precise and skilled than she is!

lintini's picture

See the guard girls I was around preferred to be mostly naked than actually wearing a costume. Unless of course this is a piece of tissue paper costume lol! You know.....if she joins a drum and bugle corps color guard, you would get rid of her for an entire THREE months during the summer!!!! And she can preform in it until she is 21 years old Biggrin Many years of summers free!!!

Oh, she wanted to do that this summer. Only problem? It cost $3000! $150 just to try out! Told her if she really wanted to go, she had to make an effort to raise the money. She made a GoFundMe page and nothing else. Deadline has come and gone to sign up for tryouts. She told us 2 days before money was due that she decided she didn't want to do it. Translation? "No one is giving me any money...it's too much work to raise money...so not going!" Yeah, guess she really didn't want it all that bad. She won't try to get a job, won't do babysitting, won't actually do jack around the house so that maybe we would help. She thought she could just put up a web page and the money would just show up!

lintini's picture

Yikes the prices have gone up a lot since I marched. I think my fees were 1800, plus a plane ticket to get me to wherever the hell the tour started. I marched in several out of state corps before joining the blue devils here in concord, ca. But that is still A LOT of money. I know a guy who came down from Canada and funded all the money himself to audition for the blue devils and got himself to California. You are very correct, if she wanted it so badly she would have prepared for it way ahead of time. I didn't know they were even charging 150$ for an audition/camp weekend for try outs! Wow!

Yeah...she wanted to join Genesis. Truth is, I wasn't too worried about her making it. We are talking about the girl who regularly has a bruise on her face to cover up because of her flag, if that gives you ANY ideas.

She is supposed to have after school practice today. Wonder how she is going to practice with her rifle at home. Hope she has to run some serious laps or something for that...LOL. Is that wrong?

Yup, she got in trouble, and she was not happy about it! She ended up having to use a 39" rifle for practice (hers is a 36") which was the coaches. The extra 3" caused her to beat the hell out of herself. She was hurting last night, and of course playing it up really big. Funny thing is, she was bugging DH for a 39" rifle to be her show rifle over the summer! None of the other girls use a 39" rifle. Yeah, I'm sure she just wanted to be a show-off, which she was probably trying to do yesterday during practice and got laughed at when she beat herself up with the thing!

lintini's picture

Those rifles are seriously heavy, I am really surprised she hasn't knocked herself out with one yet on a bad toss. I know I certainly would have given myself brain damage from one if I was in guard.

Rags's picture

If they were doing Military Drill the rifle would be a 1911-A1 or an M-1 Garrand. 9-11lbs. We drilled with the 1911-A1 in High School. My Skid did the same in HS. He went to the National Championships in 2009. They did not place but they qualified for the Nat Championships which is pretty tough to do.

Yup yup! Better go online and find out the best way to cover bruises! There are some tricks with using green eye shadow under the foundation powder or something like that to neutralize the color of the bruise. SheSloth has had many black eyes from smacking herself with the flag! But she is the best out of all the guard the way she says it.

lintini's picture

I marched with bd in 2002 and 2003. I usually always make it to the Stanford show here in CA before they take off for their out of state tour.

A sabre called Butch....love it!!

I named my mellophone Gretchen, I have no idea why. My french horn's name is Lady Gaga and my tenor horn is called Douche. Douche is never in tune.

I did marching band in *cough*...let's just say it was long enough ago! BD23 was in band from 2005-2008. Never named my sax or my flute. I did try out for color guard and made it, but the band director wouldn't let me move. I was first chair sax, and he needed me and my very loud jazz mouthpiece so the 1st part in the section could be heard, because no one else in the section could play the parts. Everyone else was on 2nd and 3rd parts. I had a slight advantage over them in that my dad is a jazz musician, so I had started playing the sax at age 4, and thus had all the free lessons from daddy I could want...while the others couldn't afford private lessons.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I played clarinet for 5yrs then finally made the Pom Squad in 9th grade. I was the halftime entertainment lol. Got voted "Most School Spirit" my senior year. Good times!

~ Moon