You are here

Bartering Visitation

Calypso1977's picture

So we are supposed to have SD13 this weekend (sat 8am to sunday 6pm). as most of you know, we never get her for the whole weekend because she usually refuses to sleep over.

so we have to go to our nephew's birthday party on Sunday. fiance is pitching a "deal" to SD. she either comes the full 2 days and sleeps over or he will "let" her have Saturday with a friend and pick her up at 6pm to then sleep over and spend Sunday with us.

Either option means she sleeps over. Ugh. But then part of me thinks she will do her usual whine and cry and we will end up just having her for the day Sunday.

Any wagers?

Rags's picture

DH needs to man up and give this kid clarity. She comes on visitaiton as the CO dictats .... PERIOD! She comes, she sleeps over, then at the end of the visitaiton she goes back to BMs.

No amount of whining and crying changes that unless her daddy is a ball-less coward. If SD refuses then DH files contempt charges against BM for failing to deliver the child for CO'd visitation.

IMHO of course.

Calypso1977's picture

my fiance doesnt believe in consequences, remember? Or punishment or discipline.

rags, we went thru a period of time where he was regularly documenting with the police the refusals of compliance with visitation. he doesnt want to take her to court for it because he knows if he does somehow he will lose something else or pay more money.

i think the problem is he doesnt really give a damn if he sees his kid or not. he's just going thru the motions. that's why he lets her weasle out all the time. He doesnt want to listen to her whine and could really care less if he sees her. In august we went 3 weeks straight without seeing her. It was heaven. He told her he needed the break from her attitude.

She's being sticky sweet lately as her birthday is in 2 weeks. The only thing abotu her birthday that makes me happy is one year closer to her being 18.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Amazing how sweet they get around Chirstmas and birthdays! Like one is supposed to just forget that they act like total brats (and being nice by using that word) the rest of the year! SheSloth is bugging for a DSLR camera again! Can you believe that crap? The only photography she has ever been interested in is selfies! I'm not about to let $600+ be spent to give that girl a DSLR which will probably be ruined within the first 6 months because she will get a butt ton of crap in the camera body or drop the lens!

Seriously, think I'm going to suggest to DH this year he stick with gift cards. Girl will be due for more makeup, and in her mind, more clothing. Give her about $50-$100 in gift cards and be done with it!