You are here

If I hear DH mention the "food" issues with SD6 just one more time...

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

I am going to scream bloody murder! DH phones me from work and just came right out and said to me,

" Well. I guess the "food" issue for tonight will be okay?"

What?!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I just spent my own money out the wazoo for Thanksgiving foods and there are TONS of leftovers that are all fresh and healthy enough for your 6 year old daughter! Why would he even bring that up after all of the food here? Oh yes! His daughter will not eat anything but french fries, frozen cheese pizza, and mc nuggets or whatever they are. Tough. I'm not wasting all of this food. Eat it or get out! I am at the end of my sanity rope here.

DH; "Are you mad about something?" Butterfly; " I do believe that there is more than enough food here to eat for an entire Army over the next few days."

Silence.

Whatever. Everybody else eats the food that they are given here. He plans on bringing home lame Disney movies and wants me to sit and watch them with both of them. Not in the mood. I can't satisfy everyone but myself here.

Does anybody else go through this with the food and entertainment issues?

BTW- I'm sure DH was expecting me to say as usual,
" Oh, nevermind, we'll just go out to eat tonight."

On my nickel of course. How in the hell is a new child going to fit in to this mess? New show titled;

" As my life and kids revolve around you, your kid, and ex-wife." (theme music)

That is what I am seeing too. Since his psychotic ex-whatever has badmouthed him to death in front of everyone, including DH and every public forum imaginable, he thinks he must be the "nice guy" so that she may *wish* to keep visiting. (BM actually wanted DH to sign a mod. allowing SD6 to visit if he *wishes*) What??? I'm sure this has to do with power, money, and control.

I would have loved to have had a nice lady to go dump my kid off on when she was younger! Nope.

I hate this. It feels odd. I tried to make it all work but I can't keep living in the shadows of his past. I will leave him if it comes to it and he knows I will.

BTW- SD6 weighs 82 pounds already and is not even 4 feet tall. :O

Thanks for commenting!

It is more than mere "leftovers", it is everything. (except mentioned foods) I'm tired of only going out to "dinners" when SD6 is here. What for? Dad orders her $6.00 kid meals that only have, guess what in it? A stupid basket of french fries and chicken strips that are not ate-ever. No more of that. Why do parents avoid these things? Mind you, I am a parent too but never went through this problem ever nor would I have been getting up and down making "other" junk meals to keep a kid from having a fit.

I'm not talking a few things to eat. I fixed over 12 seperate things for Thanksgiving. What gets me is until I put my foot down, DH wanted to yet postpone the date until tommorow until I mentioned that there were others who wanted to be with me on Thanksgiving. Postpone for what? I am so sick of hearing how boring it is here, how awful the food is, and how daddy should "buy me a toy." Let me not forget how she likes to hit or drop things on the pets while daddy is not looking. Yes, he knows but acts stupid about it.

Can you imagine my fears of having a baby near that in the same bedroom? I would NEVER sleep. Alas, dad thinks that she is just "playing."

"Kraft dinner (brand name mac and cheese only)
Candy dishes to be constantly filled with reeses peanut butter cups and hershey miniatures (skids ate candy constantly)
Cheese pizza (frozen; brand name)- CHECK
Diet coke-
Ball park franks- CHECK
Sunbeam hotdog rolls (fresh as the wind driven snow of course)-CHECK
Doritos- DOUBLE CHECK
Orange juice in cardboard cartons (brand name only; no pulp)- CHECK and on the no pulp as well*
Capri sun drink boxes-CHECK
Tysons chicken mcnuggets- McDonalds only*
Frozen french fries- CHECK (must be regular)
Oreo cookies- CHECK CHECK
Chocolate ice cream- CHECK
Chocolate syrup- CHECK
Chocolate milk- CHECK
Chocolate chips (for chocolate chip pancakes in the morning)" SD6 wants only fruit loops*

Did I mention that the two youngest skids loved to torture animals and kick my cats? They'd shoot bbs through frogs eyes and think it was funny.

Yes! What is so funny about torturing animals with a smile and smirk on your face?

TheBrightSide's picture

OMG...Crayon, where the spawn overweight? Because unless they had miracle children metabolisms, on that diet, I'll bet they were obese.

Oh it is awful. After "announcing" in the home, "I don't like that" a million times then turning around when dad walked out and asking me, "Can I have a chocolate donut, Butterfly?" I flipped. Pure manipulation. Of course the evil step mom caught on rather quickly being a mom herself and looked kid in the eye and said, "No."

Kid got rather angry and stomped off. I just wish she would stomp out the door around the block back to her mommy's freebie estate. At 6 years old, I was much more mature than what I am seeing. I actually did laundry, cleaned up, ate my food, had manners, culture, and entertainment for me was not "Willy Wonka." More like the Boston Pops or the Kiev in former Russia. I did this with my own daughter as well. I'm going off on education now. SD6 is still not reading. I began reading at 3 years old, my daughter at 4 years of age. We also play many various musical instruments. What happened to performing Arts for fun?

Is it genetics or enviroments that make such a difference here in children?

What about when idiot dad is stupid enough to say out loud in front of a problem child;
" Oh I didn't like that either." or
" She won't eat that I think."

Isn't that a smart way to handle this problem? Make it worse, why don't you?

I did not even ask. I remember taking my own child to see the other side of the tracks.

Today she is active in charities such as, the soup kitchen, a program for homeless children, toys for poor children (shoeboxes) and volunteering to assist in dance with the handicapped. I can't see SD6 ever doing this.

If anything is said about BD19, I am only bragging though. So I am not supposed to talk about my own children?

My grandmother (who was British) would have told me to do the following;
Pick up all food off the table after one rude comment made and walk out, leaving whomever sitting there with their jaws dropped to the floor.
I'm seriously thinking about this lately. "Don't like it? Well now it is gone. Goodbye lads!"

DH is calling on the hour sensing I am not happy...

I thought it was a 9/11 issue during the last visit when DH yelled at me, "Butterfly, come look at this!" I ran in.

He was glowing over the fact that a 6 year old was starting to write her first name...

I had to keep a straight face. It is hard for me not to say, "Understood with the IQ's that are going for her on behalf of her biological parents." Bravo! :O

" Oh my god, Butterfly! Come and look! SD6 is swinging all by herself!" :?

" SD6 brushed her teeth!" Oh how I could go on and on with this one.

SD6 is just now swinging? On the baby swing too, no doubt and as usual not talking to one other child at the park. Except screaming at daddy to "come watch me." I'm never visible in these glorious events. "Don't bother to say anything to me after two years, I just had nothing better to do than come watch you and your dad act like bafoons at this park today." :O

I downloaded age appropiate developmental/ fine motor skills charts as well. DH took offense. Never again. I think he was actually embarrased, which was not my goal. I was trying to help him see a few things.