You are here

The Blended Family Christmas Photos

CandyLou's picture

I forgot to mention the story of what happened at photo time on Christmas with SK's. So DH buys SD a beautiful new camera for Christmas. She jumps up and says "let's take photos!" and DH says, "Yes a group photo would be nice," and SD says, "I want one with dad and brother!" so we all go outside, and SD's husband takes one of the three of them. Then SD yells, "now, just me and dad" snap, snap "now one with me and brother" snap, snap. Then she yells "now one with me and husband" snap, snap. Okay, photos over!

LOL! Seriously that is how it went, oh yes, the puppy was in there too. Then there was the whole "now let's look at the photos, and pick the best one for FB"

Are you kidding me!! Seriously, why am I the only one there noticing this complete dysfunction!! When I mentioned this to DH later, he said, "yes it was a bit narcissistic. I was hoping we would take a group shot" and I said, "what, so she could delete it as soon as we left?" Really, what's the point.

I am sure this has happened to others before???

jennaspace's picture

No, I had other stuff but not this. SD sounds like she needs to go back to Jr. High. I can't believe she is old enough for a husband!

toywas's picture

I don't know how it is at your house but the SK gives us LOTS of pictures of them and the grandkids and they're EVERYWHERE in our house. Thank God for Christmas decorations - for 1 1/2 month I don't get to see them!!! However, when we visited THEIR house, there are no pictures of me and H or even H. That hurts!

TASHA1983's picture

Damn right SA....NO FREAKIN' THANKS!!!

I for one will NEVER have skids pics ANYWHERE in my house. My BF has his S11 pics in his truck and/or wallet. If he ever said anything to me about it I would simply say this is where I live 24/7 and I do not want to look at him everywhere I go in my home. Just as I am sure BM would never allow skid to have pics of BF, me, or my kid in THEIR house I would appreciate the SAME respect. Just saying... Wink

blendedfam4eva's picture

I am new to this forum and I'm totally freaked out by all the negative statements being said about stepchildren. Where is this coming from? What about the quote, "An aware parent loves all children he or she interacts with, for you are a caretaker for those moments in time."

It must be horrible for a stepkid to grow up feeling less loved in your home than your biokids.

sandye21's picture

"Where is this coming from?" Read the orignial post and you will see where this is coming from. It was just plain nasty and rude for Candylou's SD to leave her completely out of the group photos. Many SMs have shared Canylou's photo experience. It was an agressive act of exclusion. If you do not think this rude, then I wonder how you 'interact' with your SM? By the way, you are an adult - you do not need a 'caretaker' anymore. One of the big problems SM's have had with adult skids is so many of them act like they are entitiled to still be 'cared ' for.

sandye21's picture

I'd feel pretty wierd also. I have the feeling I would never see the end result. I can just imagine my photo haning in SD's house, embellished with marking pen, black fangs, etc. LOL

bi's picture

i don't take out my camera around sd, either. she has literally come running just to make sure her bitchy face would be in a picture before. i won't have any choice but to take it out at bs's bday party in a few months, which i expect she will come to. but i sure as hell don't have to take any with her in them!

TASHA1983's picture

I would be nothing less than thrilled to NOT be in any pics that skid is in!!! I don't want to be in any pics with skid EVER! Thankfully my BF would never ask/expect/demand it!

She seems like a total bitch...but I would be glad to dodge THAT bullet any day! I wouldn't have even gone outside to witness it either...barf!!!

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

I hate pics with the Skids. I never want to be in them.

A few years ago SD complained to DH that we did not have enough pics of her and her little family displayed in our house. What a narcissistic person. Like I want to see her and her kids in every room of my house. Sheesh.

lostinbrazil's picture

What a witch! What is everyones opinion on BM calling DH to take pics together at the SD birthday party? Totally uncalled for right??

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Together??? Like your DH and BM together? That is weird and not right. If SD wants a pic of her dad he can give her one of himself only - not with BM!

lostinbrazil's picture

Yes I totally agree and totally called him out on it! Maybe if you read my blog post you could give me more insight on the situation?

BSgoinon's picture

So, my niece was married this weekend. The daughter of my oldest sister who was raised by my dad, her stepdad but we didn't know it until we were grown. We were raised thinking we were all of the same mom and dad. My parents split up when she was 20 and then, she met her biodad... and THEN my mom then MARRIED her biodad. 10 years later, divorced him. SO.... at my oldest nieces wedding we had HER biodad, OUR dad and my mom. AWKWARD.

Lets just say family pictures were far from traditional. YIKES!!

Gabriels Mom's picture

SS doesn't like to take pictures we have to make him. Getting family portraits done takes forever. He won't smile and when he does he looks like he is in pain. I really think it's because he's embarressed because of his teeth; he needs braces...the orthodontist said he's not ready yet. Maybe in the spring.

ANYWAYS I have pictures of the boys(SS and DS) all over the house. I have some portraits that turned out really beautiful -even my fridge is covered with those magnet frames with random snapshots-BM not one picture of SS anywhere. He said that his school pictures are in a drawer somewhere. She has TONS of pictures of her and her H and pics of her and her friends. But not one of SS. I mean I realize I'm biased and I think our family portraits are just gorgeous but still it's weird that she doesn't have any pictures up of SS and I know she has them. Because I've seen the order forms in his backpack and of course they always end up giving me her packet of football pictures. So she has them but doesn't display them...weird