You are here

Mommy Dearest is Too Quiet - CS Update

Uddermudder123's picture
Forums: 

Update to Mommy Dearest Rearing Her Head with respect to her going after DH for additional CS with one year left (SD just turned 17 last month):  My DH responded to BM's lawyer's request for his notices of assessment for the past three years over 4 weeks ago.  Crickets.  No response.  DH is hoping BM has realized that she will now have to pay for her own legal fees and has perhaps let it go.  Me - not so much.  I don't trust that woman at all.  So I'm waiting for the shoe to drop and have advised DH not to let his guard down where this is concerned.  

Having said this, additional information has come to light about BM and SD in the past week:

• BM is apparently getting ready to sell her home this summer (the one my DH pretty signed over to her and her mother).  If this is indeed the case, she and her mother stand to gain a very healthy profit from the sale of the home.
  • Once the house sells, BM plans to move to small town outside of the city. Don't let the door kick you on the way out!  But this means that SD will more than likely move there with her because she doesn't want to live with us (why would you want to live in a stable home, where there isn't yelling and screaming, calling each other names, and where you would have to go to school).  BM has told SD that once she turns 18 she can do whatever she wants while living with her. 
  • SD confirmed to DH without any provocation, that she was enrolled in school part time so that she could work.  She also lied to DH telling him that she goes to school each day and even went so far as to tell him what time she gets up, what bus route she takes to get to school.  Meanwhile DH receives daily absent alerts from her school.  <<insert eye roll here>>
  • Speaking of which, since the start of the school year in September, SD has missed more than half of the school days so far.  DH receives daily email absent alerts from the school.  However, SD did actually go to school last Thursday but only to back up a "friend" that was getting in a fight with another student.  Police were called to the school.  SD was put in the back of a police car, she came with a knife that police confiscated. The school has suspended her and has advised that she go to another alternative school (the worst school in our city).  No call from BM about this of course.  DH found out about it from his aunt who's granddaughter goes to the same school.  DH asked SD what happened, and of course it wasn't her fault.  She was only sticking up for her friend and defending her.  The other girl was psycho and went after them. blah blah. Real tough girl attitude on her.  Her friend and the other girl also go suspended but not advised to go to another school.  
  • And finally, SD also bragged to DH that BM buys her THC gummies to help her with her anxiety.  Because that's so responsible considering: a) SD is already on multiple anxiety meds; b) why not, it's legal here in Canada right?; and c) oh I don't know, SS only passed away from an overdose last year and had been an addict since he was 12 starting with Ritalin, and weed, to all the hard stuff.  So let's continue the cycle shall we?  Gaaaaawd this woman seems determined to f-up her kids lives.  BM enables then gets super angry, then enables and then loses her mind, and so on and so on.  SS went to alternative schools but never finished.  He got in and out of trouble.  Went to rehab, got kicked out for fighting with another patient. Went to jail during the pandemic for a short stint but that didn't scare him straight. I feel like we're watching a watered down version of what we went through with SS.  Which is so so very sad to see.  And if DH tries to be the voice of reason, well, guess whose the bad guy?  SD is not at the same level as SS was (not even close, but...)

Sorry went on a vent there due to these crazy discoveries last week.  Suffice it to say, it blows my mind that we are stuck having to pay CS for SD when she isn't even going to school.  But because she lives with BM, it is what it is.  And will we hear back from BM's lawyer?  Who knows.  Like I said, I'm waiting for the shoe to drop with that one.  But I guess the silver lining would be that given SD's consistent track record with regards to school, and with BM giving her permission that she can do basically what she wants when she turns 18, it's pretty much a given that she won't be enrolling in school next September.  And that means, CS will stop the day SD turns 18.  Let the countdown begin...

JRI's picture

I agree, that BM is an irresponsible nitwit.  How hard this must be to watch.  I sympathize with you.

Rags's picture

gangster school on SD  rather than only advise it, and she would never set foot in a main stream education environment again.

Nea

This has to be truly frightening after what BM perpetrated on deceased SS.

If I were the father, I would make it my sole goal in life to put BM away for what she has dome and is doing to my kids.

notarelative's picture

Rags, I don't think the alternate school was a suggestion. SD brought a knife.  I think it was a go there or drop out. 

Rags's picture

Too bad she was not cuffed and frog marched off to Juvi until she turns 21.  Time for a behavioral work ranch in the middle of nowhere for this POS kid.

IMHO of course.

Harry's picture

BM must redo how she is going to live with out that money.   The house must going to cost her too much to live in.  BM is now going to be on her own,, No one to go after for more money.  She, now, doesn't care about CS less SD 

AgedOut's picture

well damn that psycho girl for forcing your Sd to have a knife on her on school grounds. I know I hate it when that happens... 

does your SD really think you two are stoopid?