You are here

VENTING: Ex Wife's house still in SO's name...and a ruined date night

goincrazy.com's picture

This is not news, I knew about it. He never tried to hide it, but it fucking bugs me. When they got divorced, he gave her that house (it was in his name only) she claimed bankruptcy a few years ago and bc it was in his name she was able to stay and he keeps saying something about if she misses 2 house payments he gets it back. Now I haven't researched it, looked up info or nothing, I don't even really care about the details but it fucking annoys me that I feel they have "unfinished business". He says he can't get the house out of his name?

Bullshit!!!

I admit FDH pissed me off before we left on our nice dinner date so I was on edge already but was really trying to let it go and have a good time. And holy shit let's ruin the night by bringing up SD15. Apparently she's not coming over at all anymore (until she wants something) Hooray! This is great news to me! but FDH is all depressed and sad. I try to support him and keep my opinion to myself when he says no drinking at the house when she's there and no having people over............ :jawdrop:

1. I wasn't aware that my brother and your niece were the idea of us having a "party"
2. WE HARDLY EVER DRINK, now there's some "rule" that just bc SD is using that as an excuse that I can't have a fucking beer or drink if I randomly want one? BULLSHIT and I am not agreeing to this- This is OUR house, she don't make the rules and she doesn't like whats going on then she doesn't need to come over. (he thinks I'm doing this bc I don't want her over, he DOES NOT see anything wrong)
3. FDH walks on eggshells and kisses everyones ass now bc if SD really sticks to it and stays with BM, she could take him to court for CS
4. SD15 admitted to the counselor that she has been smoking weed daily- FDH blames her cousin, not one time did he hold her responsible for making that choice and I brought up her taking our dollars off the dresser and that where all her lunch money went and maybe he should stop giving her cash and put $ in the school lunch account instead......he looked at me like I had 3 heads and blamed it ALL on her cousin and SD wouldn't do that and she took our dollars bc she needed bus fare.... :jawdrop:

Then he says it's my kid, sorry you have to deal with this and she bothers you that much but what can I do???

Why are we even talking about the kids?? This is our night!!!!!!!!

DATE NIGHT OFFICIALLY RUINED

LAst but not least he told me that he thinks I should change my email bc all my ex's have it...........WHAT??? Where did this come from?

That just got me started on how he is lucky he doesn't have to deal with my BD father, he has no clue what it's like to have an ex or a bio parent hovering over a relationship, calling me only while I'm at work, yelling at me, arguing with me etc.

He has no clue...........

And I'm still pissed

goincrazy.com's picture

LOL ^^^

SD15 got caught drinking a month ago and landed herself in the hospital from alcohol poisening so she's using that as yet another excuse to not be around, she acts like she has a problem with it, she uses anything she can to make "us" look bad

SD does not have a drinking problem (that we know of), she was hanging with her friends and drank at the beach. It's not like i'm tempting her to drink by drinking in front of her, we rarely do. She knows the difference between right and wrong and as selfish to some as it may sound I'm a responsible adult and if I want a damn drink bc SHE is stressing me out then I'm gonna have one, right in front of her ass if I'm thirsty

And all this walking on eggshells shit is for the birds. Yea it would suck donkey balls if we had to pay child support but I'm so frickin sick of the threats and the tip toeing around SD15 and her bitch ass mom I don't even care, take him to court. I'll even help pay if that means she won't come around. But it won't be like that. He will end up paying and she will still come around at her convieniance.

Shit or get off the pot!!! ya know!!!!

goincrazy.com's picture

They split holidays now anyway, and we are all somewhat flexible and willing to work with eachother. I get your point, well mae. I was thinking of only myself and my happiness but you are right, he would be so sad Sad

That makes me mad too, she knows it hurts him and I think she does it intentionally by telling him she's not coming over anymore so he completely dotes on her when she does come. So far she has said that about once a month and they are empty threats thus far................

luchay's picture

OMG - the house and mortgage (assuming) are still in his name but belong to his ex wife, and HE is pissy with you for your email address?

(did read the rest but you have that covered LOL)

I would be telling him "when you change the house etc into HER name I'll think about changing my email address!"

Fucking cheek!

SMof2Girls's picture

As much as it sucks, it's really not as easy as just putting the house in her name. He would have to "sell" the house to her for at least what he owes on it to cover his mortgage. Given this current market, if he's underwater, not only will he not be able to sell it without putting a cash investment in to bring it even, but SHE would need to be approved for a stand alone mortgage.

If debt + interest > property value, he's really in a tough spot.

As for the other stuff, yeah, he needs to get his head out of his butt and focus on YOUR relationship on date nights. The other drama and skid will still be there in a few hours.