You are here

Really MIL - REALLY!!

hbell0428's picture

I am having a bad week.......not only SD brat issues but my MIL is driving me nutz!!

It is DH birthday and she "always" makes the cakes....She makes her wonderful butter cream frosting..blah blah....not only will she NEVER give me this recipe there are several others of DH's too that she REFUSES to share!!!! ahhhhhhh

So this year I looked up my own damn recipe and decided to do the cake myself; I am not even lying when I say this.........she has asked me over 15 times in 2 days about the cake - she just won't stop!! I keep saying........"I told YOU I am doing the cake this year!!"

I mean........give it up already

Between MIL and Princess SD14 - I feel like I am always battling for DH - I am getting exhausted!!

liks's picture

Ide be just getting the vodka whipped cream and squirting it all over me with a bow on top of my tits while I lay in bed with champers calling out for DH....'darling can you bring in a camera please'?

That should sort MIL and SD out....

hopefulSM's picture

LMAO! I can just see the caption on that picture. DH seems to like MY cake so much better than yours!

stepsonhatesme's picture

I must have gotten the best MIL out there! Any recipe that I want she gives to me, she even invites me over to SHOW me exactly how she make it. (As most of her "recipes" are just from memory and doing them for years) She even asks ME for my recipes that my DH and BILs have bragged over. I have no problem letting her have them either.
I must be really lucky! Smile

hbell0428's picture

I have BEGGED her to show me things, In fact for the last 5 years the only thing I have ever asked her for were some recipes.........Most of hers are from memory too but even if she does "try" to show me - she just takes over...

And yes, maybe I should just let HIM choose.......

HadEnoughx5's picture

My ex mother in law was a serious pain in my ass too. I have to say when I divorced her son...I felt a huge relief not to have to deal with her. In the past 9 years I've had to deal with her a hand full of times.

She was such a control freak. I laugh now when I see Everybody Loves Raymond... it was so like my life Wink