You are here

OT--but need advice please

startingover2010's picture

school is starting in one week. mother in law bought sd a whole school wardrobe and bought bd3 (her other grandbaby) one outfit, claiming she 'forgot' bd3 was beginning pre-k.

bm sent sd 50 bucks and sd wants to spend it on a 60 dollar pair of sneaks. yes, that would mean we have to fork the extra. mil also bought sd a new 50 dollar backpack.

i begin school in one week as well. i have NOTHING for it. i get a voucher for my books, but the refund from that wont come till the next 3 weeks.

we have NO money. none. nada. zip. i have 1/8 tank of gas, one thing left to make for dinner, and NO MONEY!!!! bf is asking mil for some money, my parents cant help. no friends to help, they are in the same boat. we havent gotten school supplies because we have no money and bm wont pay anything else except the 50. i told bf, 'we need that 50 from bm for school supplies". he said that if bm wouldnt have told sd about the money being sent, we could but we cant take sd's money now thats he knows she is getting it".

mil bought sd a toy instead of school shoes. again, bd3 gets nothing.

just venting i guess. we are so screwed. bf doesnt get his unemployment for 2 weeks. and after we pay bills we have a wopping 9 bucks left. we are so close to losing it all. funny thing is, ever since sd came back from texas in june, we have been struggling moreso than before. maybe because florida's gov gives me 248 a month in foodstamps for a family of 4 but sd sneaks snacks and food and eats more than i do in a day, and i weigh 250.

Most Evil's picture

Is there anything you can sell that you no longer use, ex. stereo, baby furniture? If not can you apply for utility payment help or payment plan, so you can use that money to live on? Definitely take the $50 of SD's if any of you are going to be able to drive anywhere or eat!

William Shakespeare, "Antony and Cleopatra", Act 2 scene 2

Chele's picture

and fell on some tough times there before. I went to a food bank for help once, a friend of mine took me, she had heard about it through a church. Neither one of us had gone there (the church) before, but they were very helpful. Went to a shelter for help once too, that was hard, but I was at my wits end in in a really bad spot so I did not know what els to do. Are you able to get W.I.C.? Just some ideas that may help, ~ 'Big girls don't cry"~ Fergie

Chele's picture

some shelters have soup kitchens, that are open to anyone who needs to eat, thats why we went, and they also gave us some food to take home, and # for other local food banks. ~ 'Big girls don't cry"~ Fergie

Orange County Ca's picture

I'm serious. They take care of their own.

There's an exception to everything I say.