You are here

is this lame??

leftfield's picture

I'm still pretty sad and miss my ex and his kids, even though ex didn't bring much to the table. I miss the companionship and sex, even though it was all at his convenience.

Anyway, we live in a small town where everyone knows everyone. He is the town playboy and has moved on to his next gf already. But he told his best friend that he really misses me - I work with his best friend. I am sure he does miss me...I was pretty awesome to have around, but I am a much better person w/o him.

I told his bf that I am seeing someone and am very happy (big lie). Truth is, I'm miserable. My sister said she wants to put a "Happy Ad" in our local newspaper on Valentines Day from my "boyfriend." An ad that says something like:

"Leftfield Lastname, I'm glad u are in my life. Happy first V-Day"
Craig.

Newstep's picture

Well I don't know if its lame or not. I mean if it makes you feel better then why not?? When an ex-bf and I split up I made up a BF too!! It made me feel better at the time but then I realized I was investing too much time in what he thought so I moved on. Funny thing I ran into him months later and he asked so are you still seeing XYZ? I was like :? I totally forgot about the made up BF!!! LOL I just mumbled something and said good seeing you gotta go!!

stormabruin's picture

" I am sure he does miss me...I was pretty awesome to have around, but I am a much better person w/o him."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what's important. You recognize you are awesome & you recognize that you are even moreso without him.

Let him play the playboy game. You can be certain he will not find real love that way.

As for you, mourn your relationship. Let yourself feel sad & allow yourself to miss those things. No need to make up stories/people. You don't owe anyone information or answers. It'd probably make him more crazy to have to just wonder what's going on with your.

You have a whole new path to make for yourself. Put your energy into you.

PeanutandSons's picture

Yeah, you say that you live in a small town, and you still have mutual friends. A lie like that won't keep for very long. Is just stick with "Id really prefer to keep my personal dating life personal"..... That way it leaves him wondering if you've moved on or not, and you come off looking like the mature level headed one.

bestwife's picture

It's amazing the fantasies that some of the exes come up with.

An ex of mine eloped with someone else a month before our wedding - we had been together for 4 years. He was obsessed with me - but not so much that he couldn't find a replacement.

He continued to stalk me for almost 25 years - seriously. One of the few times I talked to him he said that a psychiatrist friend told him that I had never married because I had never gotten over him.

I told him I had never married (in my late 30s) because every guy I'd dated starting with him was a scuzzy cheat.

bestwife's picture

It's amazing the fantasies that some of the exes come up with.

An ex of mine eloped with someone else a month before our wedding - we had been together for 4 years. He was obsessed with me - but not so much that he couldn't find a replacement.

He continued to stalk me for almost 25 years - seriously. One of the few times I talked to him he said that a psychiatrist friend told him that I had never married because I had never gotten over him.

I told him I had never married (in my late 30s) because every guy I'd dated starting with him was a scuzzy cheat.